• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Not gaining as much weight?

v11kae

Reaction score
I know that your babies start to slow down in their weight gain but this doesnt feel right.

I had Alex weighed on wednesday there for the first time in 4 weeks. Until then Alex was exclusively breastfed and last weighed in at 12lb 8oz. He was 3 days over due and only weighed 5lb 13oz whe born but was a great feeder until I switched to formula.

In a day Alex will only finish 4 6oz bottles and he doesnt finish it all at one sitting. We are using a 2 teat and thought maybe it wasnt coming out fast enough so swicthed to the avent variable which cover teats 1,2 and 3 but this came flooding out. Alex sleeps through the night also and has done since a wek old so wouldnt want to break his routine for an extra feed. When I took him to be weighed on Wednesday there he was only 13lb 2oz. What is worrying me apart from always being above the 9th centile and now being below is that after gaining on average 6-8oz a week towards the end of his breatfeeding he only gained that in a stretch of four weeks?

I cant find ay of the charts you guys are talking about to check this out.

Whats even more strange is he eats the same amount whether its hot or cold. He was taking 8-9oz of water a day before and tried changing this to more milk but he knows the difference and aint happy when i try swapping them round.

He even has little wrinkles of chubbiness you have to make sure you dry so he doesnt look skinny but HV wants me back in 2 weeks to keep an eye on him.

I'm having the same problems with Aimee. She was a great feeder for the first month them she has been terrible ever since. She was 8 11 born and only weighs 16lb at 7 months and has never drank more than a 5 oz bottle. Some weeks she loses weight or only gains 1 or 2 ozs. HV was always moaning at me about her weight but i'm fed up of it now and decided she is just not a big eater. Aimee is happy and healthy so i'm not worrying anymore. He sounds fine to me! I used to struggle to get 16 to 18oz down Aimee when she was that age so hes not doing that bad. Just a thought, have you tried changing his formula?

I havent changed his formula no. Do you think that would make a difference? Whats recommended?

I don't really know much about different brands of formula but both my girls didn't take well to SMA and when they were put on cow and gate they improved a lot! Aimee used to throw up constantly with SMA and is fine now. Maybe it's worth a try to see if it is the milk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back