not everyones taste

I quite like something about Ethel. Sounds quite gothic to me..

xxx

Yeah, it was my grandmas name but it just seems too old for me. The mum told me the tale that she wanted Alice as her dd name (same as my dd) and all the way through she called her Alice, then her best friend who was pregnant went into labour, and she got a phone call saying her best friend had called her little girl Alice -- as she was in labour herself!!! So they went with Ethel. Safe to say they where no longer best friends. how horrible is that xx

That is very horrible!!

I had a girl I went to school with and always spoke during our pregnancies, we were preggers at the same time. She was a few months behind me. She borrowed my doppler, got lots of advice and just became friends.

A few month after my wee boy was born she had a Jaxon, and said that it was a different name because it was spelled different. But still waited 3 days before telling facebook and even mailed me before hand to apologise, so she obviously felt some guilt. I just kinda went on, it always looks bad someone throwing a tantrum over a name they dont own, but its more the principle.

I love Alice, but thats because I love Alice in Wonderland.

One of my fave girls names is Pandora. But no chance OH would agree to that :lol:

xxxx

I get mad if anyone uses my names and i know its stupid but i do! I actually dont like Alices middle name Olivia any more because its common where i live, thats why we went for Temperance for her little sister. Strangly though on neo natal their where another Temperance... whats the chances!!

do love Alice she is named after Alice in wonderland and was born with blonde curly hair and big blue eyes, her hair is getting darker now though. xx

I keep changing names. I font know if I like Martha now lol. But we thought of Erin. What do u think? My other daughter is Evie xx

Erin is top of hubbys list. And 1 of 3 in mine. So far I like Erin, Zoe , and Aliona. Don't know anyone of those names, so they are winners in my eyes.

I know a Martha, well Marta as she's Spanish but I like it. She's 5.

We have a Bethany but she likes to be called Betty!

Pandora is on our list for this one!

Peggy reminds me of an old person :lol: But a lot of old names are coming into fashion now! If you like it, who are people to judge?

We have Scarlet picked for a girl and Sam for a boy. It took us ages to agree on a boys name, as we've been discussing them for months prior to pregnancy. I loved Mikey for a boy but my husband hates it :(

I also love Alice! That's our second girls name :D

Last edited:
Yes, Peggy is short for Margaret

(Similar to Bob short for Rob, Bill short for William, Dick short for Richard).

I like Peggy short for Margaret. Reminds me of the awesome Agent Carter!!

My Nan was Peggy, short for Margaret... she was quite a character, but she and my Mum (her DIL) did not really see eye 2 eye, so I ruled it out as a possible name :)

My Dad is called Ron and I've wondered about Veronica nn Roni ... but the long name isn't one I love (sounds too close to Verucca!) & definitely would not be to everyone's taste.

My husband likes Frances, but I think it might be a bit too masculine. We have never found a girls name we both a agree on actually.. thank goodness we had a son first time round... naming him was easy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back