not as embarassing as i first thought...

*pud01*

Reaction score
I had my antenatal class tonight, early to have them i know but the next one wouldnt start till mid august and im due 5th sept so id prob only get to go to 2 or 3 classes out of 7.

I went great, wasnt a circle of tree hugging mother earths mostly just normal people discussing pain relief in labour and the options available to us.
the midwife who ran it is my community midwife, she's funny so it wasn't boring in the least. so informative for me, I really didnt know half of what she said before i went so i shall be going again.
peter felt like killing someone elses OH cause he kept asking really odd questions about tearing and stitches, which didnt help peters stomache at all he's a bit uneasy with blood guts and gore. tbh i think the fella was getting turned on by all the talk of it :rotfl: meanwhile peter was cowering busying himself with getting us a drink when he brought the subject up.
there was the stereo typical know it all who was irritating me with her " when I had my first" stories, sounds terrible but i thought shut the f*ck up and let the midwife speak she's running this not you so wind it in a touch, and what are you doing here if you know everything!!! grrrrrrrrrrr
just thought I'd let y'all know how it went... Ill prob update next week wonder if the tear fetish man is there again and smarty "i know everything" pants. haha :rotfl:

Glad you enjoyed it (apart from the stitch obssesive and know it all!), theres always one isn't there? (or two in your case lol) I have my classes in september and both me and OH are looking forward to them. Did it reassure you more about labour and birth and make you feel calmer about the whole thing?

lol. glad it went okish.

enjoy the rest of them an try an blank that other woman out.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

lauranjamesnbaby said:
Glad you enjoyed it (apart from the stitch obssesive and know it all!), theres always one isn't there? (or two in your case lol) I have my classes in september and both me and OH are looking forward to them. Did it reassure you more about labour and birth and make you feel calmer about the whole thing?

yer it did reasure me but tbh I hadn't started to panic about it before I went. Im just waiting for sheer terror to settle in one morning when I wake up, when it sinks in what exactly lies ahead.
Its made me aware of things available to me when in labour. another good thing, the way the classes are at the end for half an hour the midwife will answer any questions about your pregnancy on a one on one even has a doppler which is good if your worrying about your baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back