• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Norovirus :O(

Oh no, poor you and poor babes. We all had it when Mel was 1, Martin and I were ill for about 24 hrs but by day 2 we could function, thankfully we had it a day apart. Mel was very ill for a few days but then had an upset tum for about 2 weeks I'm sorry to say. He ate hardly anything at all and I got very worried about it as we even stopped giving him (formula) milk because it made him throw up so I phoned NHS Direct and my Health Visitor about it and they said not to worry as long as he was drinking water and having the rehydration sachets. He eventually started to eat things like banana and biscuits and rice cakes though and he put the weight back on so quickly.

Hope you and Mason escape without it and that Riley feels better soon

:hug: :hug: :hug:
+++

we had it before Xmas Emma, DH and me we were really bad for about three days luckily Bethan didn't get it hope you are all better soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

So far so good *touch wood*

Riley hasn't been sick since midnight last night.. he's had water/boob all day, with a bit of bread and a few little rice cakes. He had one runny nappy at about 10 am and none since.

My only concern has been his temp, its been quite high all day and its made him really miserable. He's had some ibuprofen and a bath and its come down now and he's perked up. He's well hydrated and has kept down plenty of water etc so I'm quite happy.
I also just risked giving him some milk...well, 4 scoops in 6oz water cos I was only boobing in the night before, and that was only for 2 mins or so at a time so I have very little milk left.
Waiting to see if he keeps it down.

Brody has also done a solid poo (TMI!) and Mason, so far, has no symptoms.

I spoke too soon. :(

Riley was sick again yesterday afternoon, followed by several watery diarrhea nappies.
He has kept down boobmilk, water and rehydration drink, plus half a piece of toast.

Not sure if i should offer him formula (watered down) or not now... he's not had hardly any milk the last few days. My breastmilk has almost totally gone now cos i was about to stop bfing.
He's totally miserable, crying a lot like he's in pain, so don't really think milk will help things, but he's probably starving. :?

I'd stick to fluids urchin and don't worry about milk for now. I would have thought he's not feeling very hungry anyway if he is poorly :(

Oliver's just getting over it now, he had almost 48 hours of throwing up everything within 5 minutes of it going in, then a day or two with just throwing up a couple of times and then a few days of diarrhoea. Me and his dad got it too but were over it in less than 24 hours, it was just one night of throwing up. Plus we gave it to OHs parents too, it seems to spread so easily!

It's only now that he's starting to eat solids again, he totally refused anything but milk for about a week.. I was so thankful that I'm still breastfeeding! I hope Riley gets better soon and none of the rest of you get it :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back