• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Norovirus :O(

Urchin

Reaction score
Brody has his first pre-school session since our holiday on Friday.
By Saturday he was being sick and sleeping loads, followed by diarrhea.
Sunday he was the same and by yesterday he seemed over it mainly, I have been giving him toast and rehydration drink.

Midnight last night Riley woke up and puked EVERYWHERE :( OH is off work too cos he has a dodgy feeling tummy now too.

It's just me and Mason left and we are washing our hands like mad every 30 seconds, but TBH I think its inevitable I will get it, I have had Riley in bed with me etc to comfort him after we cleaned him up.

I rang Mason's school to tell them and I said I won't take him in.

Has anyone's baby had it? How long did it last? His tummy has been empty since midnight so I don't plan on giving him anything except rehydration drink / boob till late this afternoon, when I might try him with toast. :?

I was planning on giving up bfing before now but with his night waking I didn't manage it... I'm glad now :)

oh no :( Seren had a dodgy bum this morning.

Are you still breastfeding at all as if you are it is much better then any rehydration drink, I would feed him little and often. Hope everyone is feelig better soon.

We had this a few months ago. The actual vomitting probably lasted per person about 12 hours but the real puking was in the first few hours, after that it was just water and whatever was left to come up.

You are right to be wary though, we all got it. Joe had it first, he must have been the carrier and then we all got it four days later and I swear we started throwing up within 20 minutes of each other.

I hope the tots are okay. :hug:

hiya beanie

sorry about seren :?

I just edited the above post yes I have been feeding a little in the night so just have a little bit of milk left :)

lauramumof2 said:
We had this a few months ago. The actual vomitting probably lasted per person about 12 hours but the real puking was in the first few hours, after that it was just water and whatever was left to come up.

You are right to be wary though, we all got it. Joe had it first, he must have been the carrier and then we all got it four days later and I swear we started throwing up within 20 minutes of each other.

I hope the tots are okay. :hug:

eek if I am gonna get it I just wanna get it over with, I hate not knowing :?

I know, you feel like a sitting duck when the kids have got something.

oh no :( its an awful bug i had gastroenteritis over new yearand that ws bad enough i have read there is a hell of alot of this norovirus around at the mo hope u all get better quickly :hug:

About 3 days it lasted for LO. OH still has it... thats 6 days and counting. So far I have stayed clear *TOUCHES BIGGEST BIT OF WOOD AROUND*

Urchin said:
hiya beanie

sorry about seren :?

I just edited the above post yes I have been feeding a little in the night so just have a little bit of milk left :)

don't apologise, its not your fault. Anyway she seems fine in herself and is eating and playing with Cally fine.

Oh the Norovirus scares me! :( I hope they are all better soon and you and Mason don't get it! *touchwood* :hug: :hug: :hug:

poor babies, its horrible isnt it? Jamies dad had it, me and Jam escaped somehow?!

hope it clears up soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

Oh pants.

Connie started chucking up last night EVERYWHERE and EVERYTHING (I've been cleaning up ever since) and she threw up all her milk this morning too. She's also slept LOADS and is back in bed now. So am I to assume this is the same thing?

Interestingly she had Norovirus when we were in the Mother & Baby unit (as did I, and then MIL, and then Jim) and we all took different length of time to get over it. I had V&D for just 12 hours but really badly whereas Connie puked up just 4 or 5 times - over 2 weeks :roll: :shock: Jim and MIL had it about 2-3 days which I think is normal.

I'm hoping it's not that again. It set her weaning and eating back by weeks last time.

She was at nursery on Friday and I bet that's where she's caught it.

We all got it last year when Nathan was about 10 months. He vomited for about 8 hours then had a sleep and woke up starving. Wasn't keen on offering him food but he was starving! Me and OH and the girls seemed to get it worse and were off our food for at least 2 days but I think it is probably inevitable that you will get it. I don't normally pick up stuff like that but when you have to clean the sick up all the time its not good!

Hope Riley feels better real soon :hug:

debecca said:
Oh pants.

Connie started chucking up last night EVERYWHERE and EVERYTHING (I've been cleaning up ever since) and she threw up all her milk this morning too. She's also slept LOADS and is back in bed now. So am I to assume this is the same thing?

Oh no, sounds like it could be yeah, I hope she gets better soon.

I've just been giving Riley sips of drink and boob whenever he wants it and so far he's managed to keep everything down.
He had some ibuprofen about an hour ago cos he has a high temp so fingers crossed that stays down too.

Urchin said:
debecca said:
Oh pants.

Oh no, sounds like it could be yeah, I hope she gets better soon.

I've just been giving Riley sips of drink and boob whenever he wants it and so far he's managed to keep everything down.
He had some ibuprofen about an hour ago cos he has a high temp so fingers crossed that stays down too.

Excellent news - I hope Riley stays well! :hug:

Was just about to post that Connie had only chucked up once this morning.... suffice to say the washer is now ON!!!!!!!! :talkhand: :wall: :wall: :wall:

good luck :)

My mum has just dropped me off some supplies, rehydration powders and some more dettol antibacterial spray :lol:

Just out of interest, in case we get it over here ( :pray: we don't) what would happen with breastfeeding if me and lily both got it? would we still be able to feed cos lily will not take a bottle at all and this really worries me.

(sorry to jump on your thread urchin- hope everyone gets better soon :hug: )

the advice is to keep breastfeeding so yes. As beanie said breastmilk is very good for poorly tummies, it just means you'd have to make sure you're not dehydrated.... something I've been thinking about, although luckily so far I've not come down with it.

cool, thank you. hope you stay clear- one of my mates didn't get it but everyone in her extended family (including her dh's) had it so maybe some people are immune?

Bloody norovirus :wall: We get it every year at work (hospital) and I ALWAYS catch it, so no doubt I will get it when I go back in the winter and bring it home. Its a horrible thing. Hope everyone feels much better very soon :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back