• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Non Alcoholic wine

Sunflower

Reaction score
Girls

I am still trying to go under the radar for not drinking as still have a month to go before I can tell!!!

So we have people over to dinner in the next week and want to have a bottle of non alcoholic wine in fridge that I can fill my glass up with and go undetected!!!

So question to you guys are:

1) I have found lots of different wines at 0.2% alcohol value - can I drink as much of this as if it were non alcholic wine?
2) Has anyone found a nice non Alcoholic wine that they would recommend?

thxs

If you are trying to go undetected. recommend tellng people you are on really strong anti biotics which you cant drink with as they would make you violently sick

Non alcoholic wines either taste of nothing or apple juice. Personally d rather drink apple juice , its cheaper.

If not the eisberg stuff from asda is sweet and ok tasting

I would recommend Ame as an adult drink! Put that in a wine glass and no-one will know the difference! Plus, it's GORGEOUS! Yum!

Or, Schloer... That stuff is soooo nice.

Both will go undetected in a wine glass! xx

I spent a lot of money on non alcoholic wine off the internet and it was rubbish :( The advert I saw made it sound like it would taste like wine - it didn't.

I think you are more likely to get caught out with drinking non alcoholic wine because it's not a normal thing to have so if anyone notices it will make them think about it. I assume you will be drinking white if it's in the fridge so why not have white wine and soda and just have mostly soda. You can nurse the same glass all evening possibly without anyone noticing.

Or say you are on antibiotics so you're not supposed to drink - but make sure you have decided what you could say you are on them for!

theres a REALLY nice non alcoholic wine in somerfield.....its elderflower or something like that.....

and only £2 a bottle!! :cheer: :cheer:

Those non alcoholic wines make me feel :puke: - I think it's cos I associate them with morning sickness, cos I tried them in early pregnancy. A nice schloer or appletise are yummy alternatives, although they are fizzy so unless you plan on serving your guests champagne they may notice the difference! Could you just say you're on antibiotics? x

Say you are on anti biotics and if anyone asks what for just say you've got the clap :wink: :twisted:

I can put money on it they wont ask anymore questions! :lol:

Sainsburys do a lovely non-alcoholic wine. Haven't tried the red one but the white on was lovely. Looks like wine, even tastes more like wine than anything else I've tried.

It doesn't break the bank either.

I have never found a non-alcoholic wine that was nice, and I tried loads in my first pregnancy. I did fool a few people by just drinking grape juice though. It looked fairly realistic and tasted ok. I didn't think anyone would believe the antibiotic line as it would never normally stop me.

I have to second Sainsbury's white and they also did a sparkling one. Didn't try their red one though.

Jade&Evie said:
Say you are on anti biotics and if anyone asks what for just say you've got the clap :wink: :twisted:

I can put money on it they wont ask anymore questions! :lol:

:rotfl:

That would definitely work.

The trick I think I'll use it to tell everyone I'm once again trying to shed some weight. Trying to lose weight + alcohol just doesn't work so well.

Although, when I don't lose weight for 3 months, the family might start to wonder... :think:

Sainsburys alcohol free Rose is pretty good - equivalent of a fruitier rather than a dry rose but pretty good. I've tried alcohol free red, white and rose and usuallly find Rose the closest.

DH used to make me virgin strawberry daicquiris....strawberries, grenadine, lime juice and sugar (and counts as one of your 5 a day!). Looking forward to having a dash of rum in it soon though.

L xx

I've been drinking Eisberg rose from Asda. It's a bit more wine like than just the schloer's etc but it's not a patch on a proper glass of wine. It's the only think I've found that drinkable and kills of my wine craving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back