No period, 4 days late but still tests say negative!!

lilly82

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Im new to this forum and was wondering if anyone could give me some helpful advice!??
My partner and I have been trying to concieve for around 6 months now and this month my period is 4 days late which never happens as I am always bang on time to the day. Iv'e been having some pregnancy symptoms (I already have 1 child so know what they are) like fatigue, slight nausea and headaches but all the tests (Ive done 3!!) are coming up negative. Do you think it could be too early for the tests to be picking up the hcg or could it be that Im just getting my hopes up about being pregnant and my body is thinking that it is?? (sounds weird I know) Its really starting to get me down now as I am so desperate for another baby although I count my blessings that I already have one beautiful daughter!!

Thanks guys!

You may have tested too early. I didn't get my BFP until I was 10 days late. I had even used early predictors but all came back BFN. Although my periods were slightly irregular, 10 days late was after my longest cycle. If that makes sense!! I Found out that I ovulate later in the month so my BFP was later. Good luck. Keep us posted :hug:

First of all, hi :wave: Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Secondly, are you always on time? Has there ever been a time (other than when you fell pregnant with your daughter) that you weren't on time? I'm like you and could calculate to the day when I'd be on my period. However, it could be offset by either an illness (cold, flu) or even stress.

It could be too early to test. Wait a day or two more to test again. Good luck :pray:

I would definitely give it another couple of days and retest. Good luck and welcome hun to the forum! Baby dust your way! :hug:

I was like you reg like clockwork 28 dys on dot but now its gone 31,32,33. Just hold on in there for a week then test again as you may just be late! Fingers crossed for that baby in the oven!

I was 6-7 days late last month and my periods are normally like clockwork. It seems the last couple of months though that im am the odd day late. Ihave never been 7 days late though other than when i was pregnant with my daughter. Good luck! x

Hi Lily,
Good luck hopefully you will conceive soon! I have just started trying as my husband and I got married about 3 weeks ago and were desperate to get going! This is our first month TTC and my period is a day late. I'm never late so took a test but its negative, hoping its too early too be picked up or maybe i'm hoping that i'm pregnant so much that i'll come on late :S

I'm far too impatient!

Hi i am 18days late and still my tests say negative!! My cycles very regular 21/23 days the longest is 26days. Im on cycle day 40 now still no sign of period im nearing my second period. Plus im passing alot of clear discharge. Is there still a chance i could be pregnant?? Has anyone else had this problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back