no movements since yesterday morning **UPDATE**

twinmummy2be

Reaction score
am i worrying too much??????

i have been feeling loads of movements, often strong, at certain times of the day - mainly after food and after 9pm. since yesterday things seem to have gone quiet in there

i did find something on baby centre that says at 23 weeks there is a big change in the babies position and you can get a change in the routine of movement but i'm starting to worry cos i think i should feel something

should I ring MW?

urm - it's hard to say, sometimes I get movement constantly for 3/4 days then barley anything for a day just the odd kick so perhaps wait until the morning and if still nothing then deffo ring the MW - However it's your body and babies so just do whatever you think is best!

Hiya, please dont worry! I have been experiencing exactly the same thing for the last week or so where baby seems to move a lot less. I have a fetal doppler so I can hear the heartbeat if I get worried and I noticed that baby seems to have gone much deeper into my body (as the heartbeat is much quieter but still nice and strong), which would suggest that what baby centre says is right. :hug:

I'm sure everything is ok, I would call m/w though to be sure.

Maybe you could try eating some choc or drink something sweet and cold first to see if this perks them up?

Personally i would ring your midwife, its not worth the risk. I had a scary moment when i couldnt feel my baby move and i left it for a day, rung the midwife and she shouted at me for not calling in sooner.

I would give the mw a phione to just to make yourself feel better!!!

If you are sure its been 24 hrs without ANY movements i would get on the phone :pray: please let it all be ok :hug:

Hi hun

I'm sure everything is fine, but I would also get in touch with MW if you're certain it's been that long. My MW always said if my normally active baby went quiet for several hours then get in touch - it only takes a second to listen in with a doppler and is so much better to be on the safe side.

If you're not sure about how long it's been, then maybe you could first have a drink of something sweet - e.g. full sugar lemonade and sit quietly so you can relax and concentrate. If that doesn't start a party then don't leave it any longer. Don't want to panic you and I'm sure it's all fine, but it's good for your peace of mind.

Thinking of you - hope everything's OK! Let us know how you are later if you get chance xx

LB

called MW - she says it's fairly normal but suggests i pop in for a heartbeat check so will be going in soon with hubby. will let u know when i'm back......

Great news - and you'll get to have another listen in which is always nice :D

LBxx

Awwwwww, good luck, I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine!

Good luck, thinking of you, glad you phoned your MW xx :hug:

Hi All

Good news. They were able to listen well to both heartbeats and everything sounds healthy. One of the babies even managed a big kick when she pressed the monitor against my belly! :cheer:

They have said this may happen from time to time and i should always go in for a check to be on the safe side. In this case it seems that they have shifted around quite a bit (which is why i've been getting loads of movement before) and are both sitting towards the middle of my belly, one behind the other, rather than side by side as before and she said this can make some movements harder to detect.

They did find I have protein in my urine as well so they suspect a small infection. They will do some tests and send results to my GP if it needs treating.

I'm soooo relieved now! Glad I made the call....they were so nice about it and have made me feel much better :D

Thanks for all your support......again!

Hi

Im am so glad everything is fine, what a relief
Katrina

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww fantastic news! So glad everything is ok, and also that they told you to go in if it happens again! Lovely that they were so nice about it :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back