No movement yet!!

Eve99

Reaction score
Hi All

I am due to have my 20 wk scan this Wed and still haven't felt the baby move - is this normal? Everyone keeps asking me if I'm get "flutterings" or "bubbles" and I'm sure I haven't. Not sure whether to be worried or not. I heard the heartbeat at 16 weeks and my bump has definitely been growing since then so I'm assuming things are progressing as they should. I read a thread in the 1st tri forum and everyone else seemed to have felt kicks by 20 weeks... why not me?!

What's the latest people felt their baby move for the first time?

aww don't worry hun, first time round I didn't feel anything till 22 weeks. I'm sure everything is fine and you'll feel LO move in no time :hug: :hug:

Oh, I had been having the same worries, as I only started feeling my baby now. We had our 20 week scan on Friday and the lady told us that I have anterior placenta (the placenta is between me and baby) so that's why I hadn't felt her moving so far - although she does move like crazy in there! Even now, I can hardly feel any movement. I guess later on, when she won't have enough room left I will be feeling her all the time!

Maybe it's the same with you, or maybe it's just because they are our first babies and we don't really know what type of feeling to expect! Please try not to worry, you've heard your baby's heartbeat and you've been growing so I'm sure everything will be fine!

Enjoy your scan on Wednesday, it was amazing for us! :hug:

I have my 20 week scan tomorrow and I haven't felt any movement yet either but I had a midwife appointment last week and she could tell the baby was moving from listening to the heartbeat.

If it's your first baby I was told that it could take longer because the tummy muscles haven't been stretched before.

I know it's hard but try not to worry hun, I'm sure we will both feel it soon enough.

Hi
I agree with Jamie, I don't think you have anything to worry about. With my first i didn't feel any movements until gone 21 weeks. I'm sure you will be feeling lots of kicks soon! :lol:

I was 21 weeks before I was feeling anything so dont worry :D

Enjoy your scan :hug:

Thanks everyone. Feel a lot more reassured. Can't wait for the scan :D

Hi, it was nearly 23 weeks for me, so dont worry. If your placenta is anterior (at the front) it takes longer. Even now I dont feel him every day.
Piglet xx

hi hun, ask at your scan and they may tell you you have an anterior placenta. most people feel fluters in first pregnancies between 16-22 weeks. i have and anterior placenta this time round and felt flutters at 15 weeks but only cus i knew from previous pregnancy what this was or would of forgot about it. i then didnt feel anything until about 21 weeks when i started feelin littl kicks really low down by my hair line and on my bladder. hopefully you wil feel some soon

xxxxxxx

Only just made it back on here to update - having a mad week!!

Scan was absolutely fine. You were all right - placenta is anterior so I guess that explains why I haven't felt anything. Most importantly, the little bean was wriggling round like there was no tomorrow which was great to see :D

Thanks for all the reassurance xxx

glad everything is fine hun. it will only take a few more weeks before you feel LO properly. i am 28 weeks now and even tho placenta is anterior i can see my belly move when she is fidgeting and oh and daughter can feel her if they touch bump also so wont be long now.

xxxxx

kimheath Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 18:50 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

glad everything is fine hun. it will only take a few more weeks before you feel LO properly. i am 28 weeks now and even tho placenta is anterior i can see my belly move when she is fidgeting and oh and daughter can feel her if they touch bump also so wont be long now.

xxxxx

You know, I still hardly feel anything - now and again I get the odd mad burst of movement, but I dont see my belly move and the amount of times OH has felt him move you could count on one hand..... Its strange how we are all so different!

Piglet xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back