Nipple stimulation?

KJL

Reaction score
I've heard this mentioned a lot and have wondered what the actual "method" is? How often does it have to be done and does it help bring on contractions? Getting desperate now for some new methods to bring on labour :wall:

I have no idea..but the thought of tweaking my nipples makes me cringe..they're so sore :( Hopefully Midna will see this post cause I think she did alot of nipple tweaking when she was overdue! :lol:

my OH keeps fiddling with mine (thinks booby milk is amusing :roll: ) and im terrified its gonna bring a baby waaay too early!! please tell me it doesnt work this soon :pray:

poppy160 said:
I have no idea..but the thought of tweaking my nipples makes me cringe..they're so sore :( Hopefully Midna will see this post cause I think she did alot of nipple tweaking when she was overdue! :lol:

I know, it does make me cringe a bit too and I'm uber sensitive but desperate times call for desperate measures :rotfl:

gymbabeliz said:
my OH keeps fiddling with mine (thinks booby milk is amusing :roll: ) and im terrified its gonna bring a baby waaay too early!! please tell me it doesnt work this soon :pray:

My hubby would if I would let him near them :rotfl: I have no booby milk at all yet anyway :? I'm due this wk, I hope it comes after baby is born :pray:

I use my breast pump to get things going!!

Clearly hasnt worked yet though.... :wall: :wall: :wall:

KJL said:
gymbabeliz said:

My hubby would if I would let him near them :rotfl: I have no booby milk at all yet anyway :? I'm due this wk, I hope it comes after baby is born :pray:

I ain't got any milk either! I'm gonna ask the midwife about it on Weds..I'm sure things will start moving once our babies are born :) One day we're just gonna wake up in a huuuuge puddle of milk :lol:

Tried it and it didn't work. :( Got hubby to do it as often as he could. It got a bit annoying in the end. xx

Ohh no the thought of nipple tweeking makes me cringe :talkhand:

this did set me off and made my waters break with a gush i was exactly 42wks preggers with my 3rd and due to be induced the following morn......

I take hold of nipple in between fore finger and thumb (both at same time) and roll them.....the pleasure soon becomes pain and you start to have B.H that are pretty painful...you have to do it for at least 15-20mins at a time. So watch a movie and get to it. I did it for several hours on and off...i was desperate....

It is good for getting your nipples toughened up for B.F if your going to feed that way.... :lol:

KJL said:
gymbabeliz said:

i only found out they were working by him squeezing them!!! they dont leak except for then so i'd never have known otherwise. Its a bit scarey i dont know why!!

i had my home visit from MW today to discuss getting labour started as i have until term + 2 to give birth or it will be a section :cry:

so she was explaining this nipple thing.... she said if im getting any strong braxton hicks, quicky start using breast pump on one boob for 10mins and keep a warm flannel or some thing on the other boob, then alternate and should keep the braxton hicks coming and make them stronger and hopefully make body release enough oxytocin to bring on real labour.

hope that helps a bit, she says its the most successful way to bring on labour, and if u got a birthing ball bounce on that to encourage baby to add more pressure to cervix.

hope it works hunni, i plan on starting in 6 days!!! im counting the hours down

Para... why do you have til term +2 out of curiosity?

nosey :wink: :rotfl:

hmm basically.. my section wound from last time has already ruptured once so such a higher risk of it happening again but i really want to try a vbac so they said i have to do it before term :? not to much pressure :wall:

but they have just told me today i will be preped up ready for surgery when i do go into labour ward and be on the monitor non stop, so im not too happy about that i want to be able to move about,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back