• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nintendo Wii

Urchin

Reaction score
Has anyone got one of these?

Are they any good? It's Mason's birthday in July and I was considering getting him one with the sports pack, I'd love to play tennis and stuff with him LOL

What other games are there? Can you play normal nintendo games on them? Are the bringing out lots more games?

Any info appreciated!

Hmm or a DS?
I know he's a bit young really for something like this but they do the "brain training" games which I know he'd love.

I have one and love it, it's nothing like any other console, you can get up off your seat and have a right laugh with family & friends!
You can play normal Nintendo games but they have to be downloaded and that costs, you can also play game cube games on it too but you need a game cube controller.

Def worth the money!!

Edit: I have a DS also and love it too! there are so many good games and you can play the old gameboy games in it!

Hmm I just can't decide!

I love the idea of the wii sports with the bowling and everything, but the DS seems to have some good games he'd like, and obviously its portable. :think:

hi
We Have a Wii it is fantastic i have lost weight using it (the boxing gives a real work out) My son who loves computer games thinks its the best thing ever and he has become more sporty as well.
Also its great at partys when ur a wee bit tipsey.

Pam

Get a Wii!!!

Physical exercise is so good for them too :D

There's a great game called something rabbits, wonton or somefink??? :?

I've got a DS I never use if Mason wants to borrow it for a while to see if he gets bored :D

I dont know much about the Wii but I've got a DS and I've got the Brain Training game for it, Josh is only 4 and he plays it more than me :lol: He loves playing Mario and stuff too. Its handy when we're out in the car cos he can just take it with him and it keeps him quiet!

I agree with Minxy though, the Wii will be great exercise for him and Im sure they'll bring loads more games out as its so popular! :)

Good luck gettin one hun, the basic bundles are outta stock everywhere. The only bundles that r around are for like 250 quid - im having a good look for you thou hun

i havent got any of the new ones. i have a sp. (the flip consoles)

and sega, ps1 and nitendo 64 :lol:

Ohh the wii is brilliant :cheer: :cheer: I love it, keeps you fit too :D

Mason will like it, its lots of fun, so much more game play with it unlike the xbox and ps3

I have both, they are great. I would definately get a Wii as it encourages movement and can be played as a family...much better than a DS which is very individual (unless you have another DS to connect to).
The wii sports games are quite simple and Mason should get the hang of them, although there are not too many games out at the moment.

So glad you've raised this topic as we're planning to get one soon too as my OH has got a job- yippee! What other games are there that aren't sports-related?

+++

We Have A Wii, It's Great!

We Have Wii Sports (Brooke Loves The Bowling), DF Has Tiger Woods Golf, Zelda And And Fay Cry Vengance!

In My Opininion These Will Be Too Hard For mason, But There Are Lots Of Other games To Buy Him!

We Have Just Bought Wii Play There's 9 Games On This, This Is A Another Sports game, It Has Snooker, Fishing, Shooting (You SHoot Things Like Clay Pigeons And Ballons And Things, Who Ever Scores The Most Wins), It Also Has A Matching Pairs Game, An Air Hockey Game Cant Remember The Other's!

I Think You Should Get Him The Wii, He Wont Be Sat In Front Of The TV All The Time, You Stand Up And Move About For Some Games! And It's Great For All The Family! (If You Do Get Him One, Make Sure That You Buy An Extra Remote So You Can Play The 2 Player Games :D )

Our Nan Has Just Bought One For Our Granadads Birthday :roll: !

Oue Wii Was Just Over 200 Hundred, DF Got An Extra Game! Our Grandads Was £190 But He Only Got The Sports game!

Toy R Us Had A Good Deal On!

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.aspx/T ... ref=Search

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.aspx/T ... les/964344

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.aspx/T ... ref=Search

The Wii Is Still Very Popular, They Are Still Quite hard To Get!

EDIT:
DF Says If You Buy Extra Games, Its Worth Going To Your Local games Station And Buying Pre Owned Games, You Can Pick Them Up Cheaper and As Good As New!

I have both and they rock :D Rayman is hilarious and hardwork!

Melanie said:
I have both and they rock :D Rayman is hilarious and hardwork!

RAYMAN rabbits, thankyou!! I was thinking Rampant but I knew that couldn't be right! :rotfl:

QUICK QUICK COMET HAVE THE BASIC BUNDLES IN STOCK!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatema53
Back