• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Night time routine stuffed

Bee

Reaction score
Finlay has decided to muck up his bedtime for some reason.

For the past few nights he's had his bottle and then we've taken him upstairs, put him in bed, little tap and he's apparently asleep. 10 seconds later he's screaming the house down for no apparant reason and doesn't go to sleep till well after 11. Normally he's in bed at 8 or half 8. He won't let us in his mouth to put anything on his gums as he has a tooth coming in, we give him some calpol but still won't sleep.

He's shattered. Currently lying on the couch moaning but won't sleep. Keeps rubbing his eyes.

If we leave him in his cot to settle he just screams the place down.

I'm back at work next week and really can't handle this as well as trying to sort stuff for school and actually teach it :(

Any suggestions?

I sympathise completely - my LO has lost his routine. I dont know whether it was Christmas (we stayed with relatives) or the fact that he is starting with teeth. I also go back to work next week and this couldn't have come at a worse time. I'm trying really hard to get back into some sort of routine but I've been having to feed him in the night (3am/4am) for the last couple of nights - I haven't done this for some time. I hope it's just a growth spurt or that this is a 9 moth 'thing'. Sending you hugs anyway for going back to work :hug:

Alex has been doing this too. And also waking up much earlier and even though he is still tired just screams till we pick him up.
For the last few days I have been a bit tough and have picked him up for a few minutes to comfort him, put him back in his cot and just sat on the floor next to it untill he falls back to sleep. I dont speak to him or touch him once hes lay back down (which is so hard cause I know he just wants a cuddle). It is starting to work cause I am not having to sit there for more than five minutes, to begin with it was half an hour or more till he gave in.
I think its because he doesnt want to be on his own.

Just had a quick look at 'The wonder weeks' book and it says that around week 37 (can be between 36 and 40 weeks) baby is going through a new stage- don't have the time to read through whole chapter now but just wanted to let you know its normal and will pass soon. :hug: Apparently they are realising that you can go away when you please- and they find it hard to deal with this at moment and just want to be close to mummy. I'm going through a similar thing at the moment :hug: :hug:

Thanks girls

I hope it passes soon cos its driving me up the wall. He's staying at my mums tonight so we'll see if she has the same problem as we've been having.

He's not been waking up earlier which is a good thing. Just won't go to sleep in the first place

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back