Nick Jr

foxymum

Reaction score
i have just complained to Nick Jr via email as this morning Josh (hes 5 ) was watching 'Drake & Josh' & the used the word 'Homo' twice meaning 'Homosexual' .
this show is aimes at kids & was on at 9 am.
i am fuming , i trust kids tv to entertain my children with kids stuff, not learning what a 'homosexual' is.

*i have nothing atall against gay people* thought i should add that just in case!!!!

:shock:

your kidding. don't blame you for complaining.

i can remember watching neighbours when i was little and asking my mum what a virgin was after hearing it on tv!

I hope you get a reply too. That's dreadful things to have on at 9am.
Pass me the email address I'll moan about it too!! :D

omg il email too...can i ask what context it was used it, i mean as a sentance? thats terrible :shock:

I've complained....I wrote a really angry email to them (I lied and said I had a 6 year old daughter and 4 year old son who had since spent the afternoon running around calling each other homo) and how was I supposed to explain this to them when they are not even aware that there is a difference between the sexes let alone what they might get up to or what their preferences are!!) but anyway I wrote a really snotty email, will let you know if I get a reply. That really is not on at that time in the morning for little ears to be listening too!! Hope it helps :hug:

cassi said:
omg il email too...can i ask what context it was used it, i mean as a sentance? thats terrible :shock:
hi cassi, right, Drake said someone had dyed his underwear pink & that now he gets lots of phonecalls form 'homos'!!
then the phone rang & a man (muffled) aksed to 'come over' & when Drake put the phone down he said' homo' :shock: :shock:

seriously i was gobsmacked :shock: :shock:
thanks girls, i worry what my children hear & see on tv, all the time, but shouldn't have to worry at 9 am!! they were off today as my school has an inservice day (just in case anyone was wondering!!!)
:hug:

Nicola said:
I've complained....I wrote a really angry email to them (I lied and said I had a 6 year old daughter and 4 year old son who had since spent the afternoon running around calling each other homo) and how was I supposed to explain this to them when they are not even aware that there is a difference between the sexes let alone what they might get up to or what their preferences are!!) but anyway I wrote a really snotty email, will let you know if I get a reply. That really is not on at that time in the morning for little ears to be listening too!! Hope it helps :hug:

wicked!!!! thank you so much! i havn't had a reply yet either & i emailed about 2 pm, we better get a reply or i will be even more p*ssed off! normally you get an automated 'we have recieved your mail' email, but ...nothing as yet.
fingers crossed eh?
:hug:

Yeah fingers crossed they reply to us (or you anyway since you have the 'real' complaint!!) I made mine up but it's all in a good cause protect all little ears now and those coming up to the age to be watching it etc. I've not had a @we have recieved your email@ type email either, will keep you posted.

I had a reply, talk about fobbing me off.......

Dear Mrs ........,

Thankyou for your email. I’m sorry that you were concerned about our ‘Drake & Josh’ programme this morning.

Myself and my colleagues have urgently investigated your complaint. The programme Drake & Josh is not a preschool show and does not air on Nick Jr, so I can only assume that you were in fact watching the main ‘Nickelodeon’ channel for slightly older children, where Drake & Josh will have been on-air at just after 9am this morning.

We have reviewed the episode which was broadcast at that time, and found that the word ‘Homo’ was not used, nor were there any references to homosexuality. Generally speaking such references would be entirely out of place in a children’s comedy show such as Drake & Josh. However, we did notice that there were a few references during the programme to a “prank” pulled on Josh by his little sister Megan, where she, and we quote, “gave my cell phone number to three hoboes”, and “Now, every other time the phone rings, it’s a hobo.” – This is followed up later on in the episode by Josh receiving a call on his phone, where he replies “No, leave me alone, hobo.”

As you will be aware, we are a children’s channel and our programmes would not include off-colour remarks of the nature that you described – it does appear that you have mis-heard some innocent dialogue.

I hope this answers your query, but if you have any other concerns, or if there is anything else that we can help with, please do get in touch, we will be happy to help.

With best wishes,

Ant

Nickelodeon UK

A hobo is a homeless person isnt it? whats that got to do with pink hair :think: blatently lying

cassi said:
A hobo is a homeless person isnt it? whats that got to do with pink hair :think: blatently lying

Yeah umm tell me about it. You wouldn't call someone in pink underwear a "homeless" person would you more "homosexual" what planet do they live on? I can't wait to see if foxymum got the same reply!! Cassi did you email? Did they reply with the same rubbish reply? They must think were stupid wish I'd taped it and could tell them so and play it back and proove it's them with the wacky ideas not us!!

nope havnt emailed yet jay been wingy will do when he is in bed

well....guess what??? i got the same reply too :think: :think:
hmmm not sure now, 1st of all i felt i must have got it wrong, :oops:
but now after reading your replies as to the relevance a 'hoboe' would be to pink underwear , i am now thinking maybe we have been fobbed off??

Yeah fobbed off is exactly what I think!!
Imagine sending us both the same reply! :roll:

this must have been the second time its been showen as i saw that episode a couple of weeks ago i could not believe so glad B isnt at the age where he copys everything
iv complained about it to

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back