• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Newbie - help!

xxKateBxx

Reaction score
Hi there,

I stopped the pill three weeks ago, and my hubbie and I would love to get pregnant but I am a little confused :doh: - I did an ovulation test this morning on the off chance and got a strong positive result. So just to check I did one again an hour ago and it's negative? Which should I believe? and also would I be ovulating so quickly after coming off the pill?

Your advice and thoughts would be really appreciated!

Katex

Yes you can ovulate immediately after coming off the pill, I did and had my period as normal the same month......if you are ovulating immediately it means your body is working as it should, which is a good thing!

If you have a positive OPK it generally means you will ovulate within 12 to 36 hours.....so get BD'ing and good luck.

Hi Kate, I got pregnant the first month I came off the pill with Daniel. I would get BD'ing as it sounds like you have OV'd.

Good luck hope you get your BFP straight away. Welcome to the forum :wave:

You probably did ovulate and you got it just in time before your hcg levels dropped again (hence the negative opk test 2nd time). They can definitely be different in the same day

Hi Kate :wave:

Sounds like you should spend the afternoon in bed!!! Plenty of people ovulate like normal after coming off the pill - good luck x

wow - thanks guys. i didn't think it would happen so soon, I didn't expect a period for about 6 months! (been on pill constantly for 10 years).

Better get BDing as you say!

many thanks - think I'll be a regular on here from now on, I know nothing about all this stuff!

Katex

Hi Kate :wave:

Welcome to ttc, I hope your stay here is a short one and you get your BFP soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back