New to this - advice needed please

Noodles

Reaction score
Are pregnancy symptoms like the symptoms that you have before having you period?

The thing is i'm very lucky, I don't ever get sore boobs, mood swings or any other sort of period related aches and pains. Therefore, I'm worried that if my body reacts in the same way to pregnancy that I may not know if I was pregnant.

I'm still on the pill although at the end of Nov I went away for 2 days and forgot my pills (I didn't have sex on these 2 days) but as I didn't want to have my period for my work Xmas party I just carried on with the pills that I had left and took another pack straight after. I had my last pill 2 days ago so I am just now waiting for my period (I am expecting it around Monday/Tuesday). My jeans are tight and I have been feeling dizzy from time to time and I have had really bad trapped wind for weeks, which has been making me feel sick (although I haven't actually been sick). I have just put it down to being festivly plump but my friend just made a comment about one of my photos on facebook and asked me 'when did my boobs get so huge?' which was strange as my husband made a comment about my boobs looking bigger about 2 weeks ago. They look the same to me.

Is trapped wind a pregnancy sign or are people's comments just making my mind jump to conclusions that aren't there?

Can someone please shed some light on this for me? Am I being stupid? I don't feel pregnant (not that I would know what feels like), or at least I don't feel any different just a bit fatter (after all it has been Christmas and chocolate is soooooo yummy) with trapped wind.

:doh:

sadly pregnancy symptoms and PMT symptoms are really really similar.

plus once you get in your head that you might be pregnant your body can make symptoms up. This happens to me a lot :lol:

They do sounds like classic early pregnancy symptoms but it's hard to know without taking a test.

If your period is due in a couple of days it could well be early enough to test, especially as you doubled up your packs. But the longer you leave it till testing, the more reliable to result will be.

Good luck for whatever you want the answer to be!

The only symptoms I get when af is due is period pains and back ache so when I did get pregnant I knew about it!! My boobs hurt so much, I was peeing ALL the time and yes, you do get trapped wind and constipation!!

When is your af due? Maybe you need to do a test in a few days to find out.

Good luck :hug:

You're likely not to notice any difference right away if you don't normally get many symptoms, as the hormone that creates the symptoms is progesterone, and this won't generally increase noticeably until you're already past your normal luteal phase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back