New oven help

Kimbo

Reaction score
My new house has a brand new oven fitted in, it still has polystyrene (sp) on the handle and inside.
I'm cooking for a friend on friday , (poor her!) and it will be the first time that the oven has been used.
Do I need to "cook nothing" first? I mean putting the oven on and leaving it for a few hours before actually cooking food??

With our first flat we had a new oven, but we just used it to cook things straight away. Same as our oven in this house :) Good luck in your new place!

Same here we just used our new oven too cook food straight away. It was a bit smokey at first but didnt make the food taste funny.

Good luck in your new pad :dance:

My mum used to always put a bowl of water in a new oven to sort of steam it clean - I have always just copied her - not sure if you have to or not :think:

awh kim your to cute!

just take any packaging off and way to go..

SarahH said:
My mum used to always put a bowl of water in a new oven to sort of steam it clean - I have always just copied her - not sure if you have to or not :think:

I have done this before too, just takes the plastic smells away i think.

should be fine to use straight away but expect it to smell a little xx

sod it.... give your friend food poisonong, sure she wont mind... hahahaha :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

linzi-x- said:
sod it.... give your friend food poisonong, sure she wont mind... hahahaha :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

o no... just noticed how bad that sounds to others pmsl...

i am that friend :rotfl: :rotfl: xx

linzi-x- said:
[quote="linzi-x-":25g2oito]sod it.... give your friend food poisonong, sure she wont mind... hahahaha :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

o no... just noticed how bad that sounds to others pmsl...

i am that friend :rotfl: :rotfl: xx
[/quote:25g2oito]
:rotfl: :rotfl:
thanks all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU