• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New cot - what do I need?

Constantstar

Reaction score
Hi guys, well Owen is now literally the length of his Moses!! So we have ordered a lovely cot from eBay :) but what kind of bedding should I use?? Does he need a quilt or still use blankets?? Do I need a divider ? Should I be getting a bumper? Any advise would be appreciated as I'm so in the dark. Owens only 9 weeks too! Thanks x

My LO has his bumper, a sheet and his sleeping bag. They advise no duvets till LO is about 1, but I know some people do what they are happy with.

At that age, because she didn't move much, I just put a cellular blanket (doubled over) and a fleece blanket on her. When she moved a bit more and it got colder though I used a sleeping bag and when it was below 0c I put blankets over her as well.

I had 2 blankets, 2 fleece blankets, 2 flat sheets. I didn't bother with the bumper tbh. I found she didn't move much and when she did start moving I was moving the cot down anyway so would of had to remove the bumpers.

Jack's still got alot of room in his moses basket but he sleeps in his grobag at night which he will also do when he moves into his own room into his cotbed (dreading the day). When it gets colder i'll also put a blanket over him and maybe a cardy to cover his arms but our house does get very cold in the winter. It's whatever your happy with really. Oh he does have a bumper in his cot but not everyone uses them x

Get a decent mattress. Foam is cheaper but sprung is probably best. They are breathable and don't lose their shape and support so quickly.

We have been using gro bags on our daughter as duvets and quilts are not recommended. To be honest she prefers them anyway. This week she decided she could climb out of her cot! Her cot bed has now been reduced down to a bed but she hates the duvet and just won't settle.

When she was able to stand up properly she also started to chew the edge of the cot. Not only was this bad for her teeth but it ruined a perfectly good (not to mention expensive) cot bed :mad:

Good luck

Stu

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back