Netmums: NOTHING in my area!

debecca

Reaction score
Well, inspired by geordielass's tale I went looking to meet new friends:

* South Cumbria has NO messages on its meet a mum board.
* North West Lancashire has many messages but they're all for the Blackpool or Preston area - which is over half an hour from here! :roll:

Oh well. I will be a Billy and that will be fine.

Maybe ask your midwife?

Here, there is a local board too that found me on Facebook- I think I prefer that to netmums.... :think:

not that I'm brave enough to meet anyone! :rotfl:

I haven't had a look at netmums yet. Don't feel like seeing anyone at the moment, feel really fat and disgusting and haven't the energy to go anywhere.
I might give it a try when I've had the baby and not feeling like such a grump :)

I'm going to try some local groups in my area to meet other Mums once LO arrives.

Theres a breastfeeding group that I quite fancy, and then theres another group that meets at my health centre, which is for new mums with babies under 6 months.

Are there any groups in your local area that you might be able to gatecrash?

We have a great community centre near here which is all child based. Groups for parents to be and new parents to get together once a week, a Dad's group, play ones, mums and baby, toddlers etc. Also our ante natal classes are done there along with goodness knows what other child related things.

I've not yet ventured in there for any of the groups as yet but will once LO is here. I'm just a lazy biff atm and can't be arsed to check it out now. Plus I'm not driving now and while hubby would happily take me I can't be doing with having to make him change his schedule.

I've tried NetMums and when I scanned their Meet section most of the women were in Weston Super Mare or Yeovil :wall: Not a one near me anywhere. But maybe someone will appear.

I find it handy for other things though still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back