neg OPKs/CD21 - HELP!

Jule

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Well, so much for my 'relaxed' attitude...!!! :roll:

I am beginning to panic! I am due for my first CD21 test on Friday, but having been using OPKs aswell.

The thing is - I have been testing for over a week now (using cheap strips from ebay), and all have been negative!! So really my CD21 test will be pointless on Friday.. unless I test positive today or tomorrow - is this right?

Anybody have any ideas? :?

Have you been testing twice a day? You can miss the surge if you only test morning or evening...take a look at www.peeonastick.com and the faqs on opks.

Thanks Libs :hug: What a great website!!

I had been testing once a day, at about 7ish when I came home from work. I do remember one night last week there was a second line on the test, although it was still a negative result, any other time there has only been one line - so it looks like I just may have missed testing positive for the surge! Would you agree?

I'm feeling a lot better now :D

We continued to BD anyway despite the negatives.... so fingers crossed!

xx

Possibly so - some women have a faint second line all the time - I only have it just before and after the surge - so it may have been you just missed seeing the surge - but if you were bding anyway - no problems :D

The month I got pregnant I ovulated on day 21/22 and had day 21 test on about day 24 as i usually ovulated around 17 or 18 - by the time the results of the test came through and doctor called me in to refer me, I had my bfp! As long as you've been bding then it doesn't matter if you missed your surge, but it might just be late.

Good luck!

the doctor refused to do a 21 dat test for me. he said unless your cycles are really regular then its not worth it as it could give you a negative result when you actually ovualate a few days later.
my cycles are all over the place so i agreed with him.

The worrying thing is my cycles have been regular for 8 months since TTC, apart from last month when AF was 8 days late for no apparent reason (although I had convinced myself I was taking early menopause :oops: :shock: . I didn't use OPKs that month so have no idea when I ovulated - I normally would ovulate on day 15/16. Seems a bit strange for this to suddenly change!

I guess the only thing to do is to keep BDing until AF arrives (or doesn't arrive :wink:

Jule said:
Thanks Libs :hug: What a great website!!

I had been testing once a day, at about 7ish when I came home from work. I do remember one night last week there was a second line on the test, although it was still a negative result, any other time there has only been one line - so it looks like I just may have missed testing positive for the surge! Would you agree?

I'm feeling a lot better now :D

We continued to BD anyway despite the negatives.... so fingers crossed!

xx

I never had a positive result on an OPK when I used them, only ever a faint line. But I use to use that as a marker that I would OV sometime in the few days after that. TBH I don't really rate OPK's because of this so have decided not to use them any more. I'd say you prob OV'd sometime in the few days after you got the faint line hun.

Jule said:
The worrying thing is my cycles have been regular for 8 months since TTC, apart from last month when AF was 8 days late for no apparent reason (although I had convinced myself I was taking early menopause :oops: :shock: . I didn't use OPKs that month so have no idea when I ovulated - I normally would ovulate on day 15/16. Seems a bit strange for this to suddenly change!

I guess the only thing to do is to keep BDing until AF arrives (or doesn't arrive :wink:

Stupid as it sounds...thinking about it can affect it. My Mum pointed out to me that (if everyone can remember this far back :rotfl: ) how many of us had a late AF the first time we (accidentally :oops: ) had unprotected sex when we were young. Because we were thinking about it :D

Hi,

I tried OPK's for two months but never had a positive one - didn't even get a second line. When I used the Persona sticks though I got my LH line (and that was with FMU) which made me feel much better. I think they are a good alternative to OPK's for those who don't seem to get positives. You also get to see your oestrogen changing. I posted the other day "Attention all CBFM and Persona Users" if you want to read more.

Good luck.

Sus x

Jule said:

Hey Jule,

I really don't want to make you feel worse or anything, but this sounds very much like what has happened to me!! I came off the pill in Feb'06 .. and then had regular cycles of 28-30 days (ov'd between CD15-17) for months ..... but then in September my cycles suddenly got longer for no apparent reason!! I use OPKS ... and just kept testing and eventually I've learnt that I now seem to ov on CD22-28ish.... :shock: and my cycles seem to be more like 36-40 days now!! The OPKs have always worked for me (use cheap sticks from accessdiagnostics.co.uk).

I had my 1st "CD21" test last week, but I waited until I got a + on the OPK then went in for the test 8 days later (had to go to a walk-in appointment at the hospital as the docs were fully booked!!). I actually got tested on CD33. Unfortunately my temps didn't go up after my +OPK .. so this month I don't appear to have ovulated at all (my test results said that I hadn't ov'd)!!! This has never happened before.... but I'm thinking it might be stress!!

Anyways - I'd stick with the appointment you've got and hope that you did ov, but you missed the surge. Also .... see when your next AF arrives and count about 13-14 days backwards to see when you actually did ovulate. Then if this test was done too early ... wait until later in your cycle and have another test next month (if you don't get your BFP in the mean time!! hehe!! )...

GOOD LUCK!!!! :hug: :hug:

P.S sorry for mammoth post!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back