Needing some advice pls!

lozam80

Reaction score
Ok here it goes........

My son is 6 months old and I started weining him at about 5 months with one meal a day at lunch!
His feeding and sleeping patterns would run like clock work when I was home with him but now he is at nursery its all miss mash!

He has changed from feeding every 3 hours to every 4 which is fine, but I give him his early morning bottle between 6-7am then drop him at nursery (which I still hate even though its 3 weeks into it!)

They feed him at about 10am and then lunch at 1pm (solid) then he will go till about 4 for his bottle. So by the time i pick him up nine times out of ten is normally about an hour after a feed. I get him home and as he does not sleep much at nursery with 2 hours of being home is has crashed out for the night!
I have thought about dream feeding him to get back into the routine that we used to have but I really dont want to get back into the habit of doing that for his sake!

He has started having breakfast well first day today and I am really going to try to get him back to a normal feeding routine every 4 hours would be 7am, 11am, 3pm and 7pm which would be fine but think the little cat naps he is having at nursery are messing with his routine!

What i am really asking is has anyone has before? and if so what did you do? Shall i be strict with the nursery and say these are his feeding times ( otherwise his last meal of the day is the 4pm one) and personally I think that is not enough milk for him.

Would really appreciate your thoughts and advice on this as I feel :wall:
Thanking you so much in advance

xx

Hiya,

if u and ur LO are more comfortable with 7-11-3-7 then i'd talk to the nursery about it

i agree with you though his last meal is too early to be having at 4pm

:hug: :hug:

Thanks Sam appreciate you replying obviously no one else wants to it has helped at lot!
Thank you x

James wasn't at nursery for very long (just didn't suit us) but I'd have a word with them. We used to not get home until after 6, by which time he was knackered, but I always tried to feed him a bit of supper, like some toast, a banana, a pancake or something like that. Just topped up what he'd had during the day. Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back