Need to vent re friend

Babylicious

Reaction score
I've got this friend who lives in bristol and ever since I've had Harrison she's been on about me going down there. So she said about me going down there in July and I said I would need to think about it first as I couldn't bring both kids alone and seans working (with no holidays left) - I never said I would definately go as there a lot to think about. Anyway over the last two weeks Paris has been really bad found out she's being picked on at school (shes autistic), Harrisons cutting two bottom teeth, seans car basically needs a new gear box, we've had a water leak meaning we need new dining room flooring, so I said I can't go and leave sean without a car as he can't get from work to collect Paris on time and that I couldn't drive 5 hours with Harrison in pain so I wouldn't be able to come and that I was sorry.

Well she sent back a snotty email! Saying she's too upset to talk to me and that I was selfish!

I mean come on the fuel would cost me £100 there and back, 5 hour car journey each way and just to ferry her around when I got there and skivvy? Gah I'm so mad

As Nikki suggests,. why not suggest she comes to you as an alternative? It might be a good way for both of you to get some "time out", as it sounds as if you are going thru a bit of a patch, what with one thing and another...If she is really a good friend, explain about all the probs and ask her for help. Maybe she hasnt realised all you have to deal with at the mo?

Whatever happens, hope you sort it hun... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Lisa

does she have children? some people just understand the hard work that goes into running a house, looking after kids and fitting in seeing family let alone friends..i think you should suggest she comes to see you aswell.
or leave her for a bit she might think about it and realise what i a crap friend she is being, if not then is she worth it? i have friends like this i made an effort at first but then i realised i was making ALL the effort..i cut one of my best friends out of my life..actually i havent cut her out i just stopped running after her and she hasn't bothered contacting me, she hasn't seen hayden since he was 10 months old when she asked if he could hold his head up yet... :|

Having her come to you sounds like a good idea. You could offer to split her train ticket if she doesn't drive?

God, friends are hard work aren't they!? Men don't have these problems, they'll go months without seeing their mates and not even batter an eyelash...

Good luck with it xxx

She can't drive and wouldn't venture down here :wall: We don't really have loads of room either

ejjie said:
God, friends are hard work aren't they!? Men don't have these problems, they'll go months without seeing their mates and not even batter an eyelash...

Good luck with it xxx

Thats exactly why i always had more boyfriends than girlfriends.. woman are bloody hard work!

I agree that she should come and see you!

Claire x

Well I've not heard from her for a week - so she's well and truely annoyed at me. TBH I don't know if I can be bothered with her now :wall:

Babylicious said:
Well I've not heard from her for a week - so she's well and truely annoyed at me. TBH I don't know if I can be bothered with her now :wall:

I would wait for her to get in touch with you she doesn't seem very considerate. I have some friends without any kids and they really don't understand how difficult it is to organise something like that.

pft why cant SHE come up and see YOU?! :shakehead:

SHE sounds selfish not you :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back