Need to know if im doing the right thing ASAP

Alfiesmummy

Reaction score
sorry to put this here but i think ill probably ge replies quicker.

Well Alfies bedtime is 6pm/6.30pm and he is still not going to sleep he is sitting himself up and finding it hilarious.

I keep going in not speaking to him when i go in im just going in and lieing him down. and walking out but watching outside door.

He rubs his eyes as if he is off to sleep when i lay him down but then thats it bvottom is in the air and hes pulling himself up.

Should i persist with what im doing or get him up? I dont want to get him up incase he thinks aha i can try this trick from now on, but i feel cruel just going in and laying him down.

keep lying him down and never bring him down once you have put him to bed unless he is ill or something of course

How about just letting him do it ? let him sit up and ignore it, going in is only going to get him doing it more

:hug:

Tasha20 said:
How about just letting him do it ? let him sit up and ignore it, going in is only going to get him doing it more

true! just leave him alone till he crys steph

Could he not try a later bedtime?

Stanley goes to sleep about 8 ish and sleeps through until 6.30 most nights. Maybe it's a bit early for him? :?

lol little bugger, he will get fed up in a min because hes expecting you to come back in when he realises you arnt he wil cry and that when Mummy wins

Minxy said:
Could he not try a later bedtime?

Stanley goes to sleep about 8 ish and sleeps through until 6.30 most nights. Maybe it's a bit early for him? :?

Iv tried so hard to get him a later bedtime and after a couple of days he is so mardy and grouchy wont nap etc. He normally goes 6.30 - 6.30/7am

iv just been and had a peep and he is playing with his tigger teddy Ians told me to just leave him cause hes getting my attention ... :roll: he is a little imp

TBH as long as he's not upset I'd leave him to it.

I agree with the others, if he's happy playing leave him to it, he'll go to sleep eventually.

I agree, leave him. the more you go in the longer it'll take for him to settle hun.

we have a sleeping child!!

WOO WOO!

sorry about posting this here ladies just needed to know i was doing the right thing not bringing him down

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Glad he has gone down!! I do the same, Arianna just sits up and starts playing or rolling about and I just leave her until she either crys or falls asleep herself.

Glad he is asleep hun.

Gabs normally has a little play with her toys in her bed before going off to sleep. I leave her and let her play as she is happy and sends herself off to sleep. Sometimes she just needs a wind down and to be honest I love this about her, I think it is great that she feels happy and safe in her cot.

:hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back