Whats the strangest thing thats happened to you?

nickilubs

Reaction score
Whats the strangest thing thats happened to you?

Just thought it would be a interesting topic. What is the strangest/scariest thing that has happened to you or someone you know?

I think mine is when I was driving about a month ago and I noticed my car had really started to slow down almost like the engine had gone or going up a steep hill but the road was completely flat. Usually I would whip up round that road but I couldn't figure why the car was going so slow....all of a sudden a car came out a junction right infront of me I would of never been able to stop if I was going faster. And would of gone straight into him.

Also when my Grampy died my brother said he had seen him upstairs whilst he was cleaning his teeth he said he looked down the hall and gramp was just stood there Dar went back into the bathroom and when he looked again Grampy was gone. My brother isn't the type of person to lie and he didn't mention it till years later but it made shivers go down me when he said.

I think I posted about both these experiences, I must say althought I do believe there is something out there I am generally quite sceptical of 'experiences' but these 2 I haven't been able to explain.

First in December I was sat in OH's parents living room getting set to go out and my phone started ringing, caller id was Mam (can't delete number from phonebook) I didn't dare answer I was so shocked cos my Mam had died 2 years ago. The number had been disconnected. I work for Orange and so does a relative too, she checked the number when she went back into work and it had still been disconnected so we can't think of a reason other than it was my Mam giving me a sign, I was fairly down with the run up to Xmas without her so I think she was giving me a lift. :)

2nd one was on her 2 year annivesary, we released balloons and Jack's Nana one got stuck up high in a tree, I actually posted pics and you can see at the top where it is has really thin branches and not possible for anyone to climb it. Well my Aunty went around the next morning to clean the headstone as she does every day and the Nana one was tied to it.

I really have no explanation for either but would like to think the other side are watching over us :)

Ive had a few... like i used to always see a black figure at the top of the stairs in my best mates house (and i wasnt the only one...), but the owner of the house that used to sit on the ground burned to death in a fire...

I rememberwhen i was little there was a big tree behind where i used to live and we all used to climb it, one day we were breaking all the branches that were lower down and there was one (that wasnt exactly thick) that wouldnt break at all, no matter what we did... few weeks later i was climbin the tree and slipped, dropped about 15 foot or so head first, and my legs caught that branch and stopped my head a few inches off a brick that was on the ground... the branch snapped afterwards too lol

Few other things too that i cant be bothered to type :p but i did have a kinda strange one lastnight that i found kinda funny...

There used to be a major thing between me and one of the girls i knew in school, ive not seen her since (so 2-3 years ago), and have only heard from her when i told her about the baby. Anyway, we never got together, but there was always a major something between us. I had a dream lastnight that i was back in school and me and her were together and everything... woke up this mornin and i had a txt from her like "OMG i just dreamt we were back in school and me and you were together" :shock: tis a bit strange...lol

this really freaked me out... i had a dream one night whilst i was pregnant that all the family were at a victorian themed fairground, i started to tell my oh about it the next morning and he had the same dream the same night when i told him we were at a fairground, he said and we got locked in a victorian house... he could tell me the next part of the dream, because we had dreamt the exact same :shock: :shock: :|

When my Grandma's neighbours moved in next door to her she became really close with them. Years after moving in her neighbours kept complaining of a strange smell in one of the bedrooms that they had been trying to get rid of since moving in. My grandma was really into all the spiritual things and got somebody round to their house to see what this 'smell' was. The spiritualist said it was the spirit of a little girl who wouldn't leave that room. Anyway, about 20 years later, my Grandma got cancer and was dying. The smell in the neighbours bedroom was still there by the way. The last time my grandma's neighbour saw her alive, she was upset and my grandma said 'don't worry, when I go I will take that little girl with me'. A couple of weeks after she died the smell completely vanished, after 20 odd years of not being able to get rid of it, it just dissappeared.

Also, when my Mum was 22, she was at her parents house with family and somebody said something like 'so and so said he's going to do this' and my mums dad said 'if that happens I'll be dead in 2 weeks'. Anyway, whatever it was happened, my grandad had a heart attack that weekend and died 2 weeks later. So my Mum goes mad whenever somebody 'tempts fate'.

Just remembered another one...

When I was with an ex boyfriend, he moved in with his sister and I slept there one night (in the smallest bedroom where my ex was staying until they decorated the bigger room) anyway, my ex went to work early and his sister was away, I woke up on my own, but didn't feel alone. My heart was racing and I've never gotten dressed so quickly in my life, something just didnt feel right. I didn't tell anybody, then my ex started saying that in the night when he woke up there would be a figure stood over him!! Anyway he moved into the bigger room. Then his sister had a baby and we were babysitting. We were downstairs and baby was asleep upstairs (in that little bedroom) with the monitor on. He started crying and we were waiting to see if he would settle himself and then we heard somebody shusshhhing him!! I was so freaked out (I know you can get other peoples signals but this was defo coming from upstairs) My ex went upstairs and got the baby (it was him crying we could hear). I told his sister and she said she'd heard it before too but it doesn't scare her because she knows this 'ghost' is friendly because it tries to comfort the baby. Anyway, one day my ex's sister was sat in the living room and her OH went to a friends over the road, she was watching for him coming back when she saw a blonde haired women appear in her kitchen doorway (she saw it through the reflection on the window and didn't dare turn around) all the hairs on her stood up and her OH came back across and entered through the kitchen, she was saying 'can you see it?' and he said 'see what?' she turned around and there was nothing there.

When I was about 12 I used to get the school bus and always sat in the same place - front left corner on the top deck. It was MY seat lol (I dont know if anyone understands school bus politics but they are very complex and your seat is your seat only lol )
I had a dream that I was on the bus in my normal place, when the bus crashed into a tree and all I saw was this bough coming towards me, glass shattering, and then I woke up with a major headache and ringing in my ears. I thought it was just a dream but some instinct told me not to go to school that day, so I pretended I was sick and stayed home. The bus crashed into a bough that morning, no-one was seriously hurt, just a few cuts from the glass, but the seat I would have been sat on got the worst damage and as it was MY seat, no-one was sat there.

When I was 14 (I had just started getting into tarot and witchcraft etc) I had planned a day trip to london with some friends. Myself, my best friend, her boyfriend and he's best mate who I had a crush on. My friends boyfriend was going to drive. (they were a bit older than us ) Anyway the night before I had a very vivid lucid dream that we were on the motorway, my friend and I in the back, her BF driving and he's mate was in the front passenger seat but he was fading in and out, one minute he was there the next he wasnt. We were laughing at something and then I looked up and we were heading for the back of a lorry, I screamed and we hit it, and the car exploded, I could feel the flames burning my skin and I woke up sweating and screaming and I could smell burning flesh.
So I told my friend about it when she came to collect me and said that I didnt think we should go, but she asked what colour the car was, I told her red and she said well he's car is blue so it cant be true.
We got to her BF's house and hes friend wasnt there yet, he said he wasnt sure if he was going to be there or not (in my dream I wasnt sure if he was there or not, fading in and out) and then that he had a problem with his car so he was going to borrow his mums. I asked what colour his mums car was - it was red. I told him about my dream and refused to go, especially after my last dream warning, so no-one did. I'll never know if it would have really happened or not but it was a little too much of a coincidence to take the risk!

Ive had many many dreams like that since, but none that potentially saved my life - just little insignificant things like parts of conversations that then happen the next day, certain symbols or numbers that occur repeatedly the day after dreaming about them, just random stuff - I think I do have the potential to be quite psychic but ive never felt the need to develop it, it helps me read people and work with tarot and my other witchy stuff and that suits me fine.

Some other wierd stuff thats happened - just before I moved to Croydon I was up there for the weekend doing job interviews etc staying in a hotel. Me and my mate (kazlin on here, she can back this up lol) had gone out for the night and these stupid little chavs had been trying to chat us up, we were not interersted lol! Anyway we left the club about 3am and I then realised I couldnt remember the way back to the hotel. It was walking distance and not very far, I just couldnt remember the way lol. So we started walking in the general direction i thought it was. These lads followed us, about 4/5 of them, and started shouting some quite crude stuff after us and we were getting a bit worried. We are both witches so we protected ourselves mentally and asked for assistance. Just as these lads were REALLY starting to freak us out, we're talking potential attack here, this big black guy with dreads appeared out of nowhere, put his arm around our shoulders as if he knew us, asking if we were ok. We felt instantly safe with him. The lads legged it and this guy walked us back to the hotel, chatting about all his travels around the world, the places he had seen etc. It wasnt until we were at the hotel entrance and he gave us both a hug and said goodbye, that we realised we hadnt even told him where we were trying to get to! We think he was some kind of guardian angel but I guess its open to interpretation :)

About 2 years ago I was out with friends in Cardiff and needed about £5 at the end of the night to get the train home. I went to the bar with my last £10 note and bought a round which came to about £9, and as the girl walked to the till with my money I suddenly realised I needed that to get home, and I kind of shouted in my head "give me my tenner back!" She gave me change for a 20 so I got my tenner back!!

Theres so so many of these things that ive experienced but ive just realised ive written a frickin novel here so wont bore you any longer :lol:

my old house used to be a butchers, and they used to keep chickens and kill them in our old brick shed.

I used to swear i could hear chickens clucking comming from the end of the garden (or someone near by kept chickens :think: :lol: )

I love reading about things like this :D

Krystal, I saw those pictures of the balloon the other week, that was weird :shock:

Nothing strange has ever happened to me, I'm boring :lol:

GGG I found your's really interesting.

When I was about 14 I got some tarot cards and only ever read them once for my mum, can't remember what card it was but it translated into a young man leaving. That same day both of my brothers unexpectedly left home and never came back (apart from to have their washing done etc :roll: ) I never used them again though, but I've always found that sort of thing interesting.

My Mum also has dreams like you. She said when she was younger she dreamt that her dead grandma came to see her, she said it was so real, but didnt tell anybody. The next day she went to an elderly neighbours house who she visited, her neighbour said 'your grandma came to see you last night, you mustn't be scared, you can see things, you've got a gift'. She has had other dreams since becoming an adult that are very vivid (some of my grandma whos dead, others like psychic ones that happen the next day). My Mum doesn't like to think about it too much and doesn't really believe in all that sort of thing though, she tells herself it's coincidence, but I think deep down she knows. My grandma (mums mum) always believed in that sort of thing, but I don't think she had a gift. I think my grandmas mum (Mums grandma) had the gift though. I don't have a gift, maybe it skips a generation? Maybe my baby will talk to the dead and freak me out lol :lol:

Jodie, if you got an accurate reading at 14 with little experience, then you do have a gift :)

A lot of people say it is passed down and can skip a generation - my Dads mum was a french romany gypsy and a very powerful witch but my Dad was as spiritual as a spaghetti hoop :lol:

A day or so before I found out I was pregnant I woke up from a dream that I cant really remember I just felt really panicy. I woke my OH up and he asked what was wrong. I dunno where it came from but I just said Im pregnant. I have no idea why I said it, but it was on my mind all the next day. I wasnt due on for 2 more days and I had no reason to think I was pregnant. The next day I couldnt take it anymore and got a test... and here I am lol.

ooh, i remembered another.. lol last year i was working on the car, fittin a new engine... engine was supported in the car via crane (but i had used a strap instead of my usual chains, not a great idea!) about 4 ft off ground, anyway, i was laying underneath the engine doing things for about 20-30mins, back was gettin sore but i didnt want to move... then i was sure i heard my mobile ring, which was sittin a few feet away (incase i broke it), i crawled out from under the car and the second i stood up the strap holding the engine snapped and it dropped right where my head wouldve been... by time i sorted everything back out i went an checked my phone an there was no missed calls or anything on it... :? lol

omg I love all these things.. makes you think doesn't it, GGG - love the thought of that man being your guardian angel :cheer:

A few things... firstly my aunts house... always hated going upstairs there...something always gave me the creeps, even noew 29 years on, it still does :?

Secondly, I am adamant that I saw my mum on the day befor eher funeral looking at me through our conservatory window. I was told I was probably imagining it and it was probably a reflection from the photos on the window sill behind me but the reflection I saw of my mum had no hair (chemo), all of the photos had hair.

Thirdly, a trip to a clairvoyant...

I went to see her and many many things were said at the time that I thought were maybe a load of rubbish...

Things that I was amazed at...
*She picked up that my mum was dead and all of my grandparents were still alive within 2 minutes of beiong there
* she picked up that I had boy/ girl twins
and a few other things... however...

She told me:

1. I was to have 3 children, number 3 would be a boy
2. To choose wisely with a solicitor with something important
3. I was moving away further south towards water
4. I was going to learn a new language / close ties with another country
5. I was going to have a career change
6. Choose estate agents wisely....

well.... I was planning on having no more children! Twins was definately enough! Why would I need a solicitor? Moving, not likely too much hassle! New language, was I moving to another country? Career change, I wish, thought I would be stuck in that bank forever! Estate agents... why???

Well it turns out that
1. number 3 came along, a little boy, Samuel
2. solicitor for my divorce...who would have seen that coming?
3.Moved south to OXford, next to Thames
4. Learning Swedish/married a Swede
5. started a nursing course
6. sold my house

All of these were a major shock to me!!

wow, these stories are amazing.

GGG...can you ask for me some assistance please! the story about the black guy with dreads is brill. how amazing is that!

cant remember any of my own but will post if i do. keep em coming girls.x

grace1983 said:
wow, these stories are amazing.

GGG...can you ask for me some assistance please! the story about the black guy with dreads is brill. how amazing is that!

cant remember any of my own but will post if i do. keep em coming girls.x

Just put the call out there babe, ask for help and it will come :)

The universe doesnt ask for anything in return, you dont have to make promises or thank it, just ask for what you want :)

I had what I think was a near death experience in hospital. I saw an image of jesus at the end of my bed and he was lifting me up. I was really poorly and can't remember much but my mum later told me that I lifted my arms off of the bed. I'm not religious :shock:

I do however occasionaly ask for signs and get them. I don't talk about it though because tis very strange :? I told my sister and mum about it the other week and they thought I was bonkers :|

My mums aunt is a medium and she says she see's the dead and she is a healer. My mum had kidney stones years and years ago and her aunt laid her hands on her and said she felt the stones crumble away. My mum said she felt heat from her hands and later, not sure when, the stones were gone.

My family used to do the ouija board with my aunt when I was little. Not sure what I think about it now :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back