• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Need to get this straight

ZoeM

Reaction score
Hi Everyone :wave:

Am I right in thinking that you if you work, you get your normal meternity pay from your place of work, and then you get your Statutory Maternity Pay on top of this?

I am confused!!

Thanks

Zoe

ermmmm i think you get ur maternity pay from work for however long your entitled, then when this time is over you get the SMP, not 100% but its something along those lines :hug:

i thought that for the first 6 weeks of your maternity you got 90% of your wage and then after that statuary maternity pay (about £112) - your work give you your stat mat pay and then claim it back of the government.

I think it differs everywhere, so best thing is to check your maternity policy with your HR dept. I get 90% pay for 6 weeks, then 50% pay plus statuatory for a further 12 weeks, then just statuatory for a further 21 weeks. So, a total of 9 months, but I can of course go back earlier if I want to. I do know that the 50% pay given for the 12 weeks is subject to you returning to work (can be part time) for at least 3 months after maternity leave. If you do not return, you have to pay this money back. I plan on returning part time so no issues there.

Yes, you need to check this out with your employer as they all differ. Generally speaking though if your employer gives you maternity pay you don't get the Government SMP as well.

Mine is 100% for 6 weeks then 30% for 20 weeks then SMP (£112). The all differ.

Basically, everyone is entitled to the basic amount, but your employer should "bump up" the money you get for the first few weeks/months depending on your contract.

I just get basic - so do a lot of people in my line of work (charity and voluntary sector).

Valentine xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatema53
Back