Need some advice...

vid_81

Reaction score
Heya ladies!

First of all, congratulations to all you lucky mum-to-bes! :)

Needed some advice... if we start TTC next month and get lucky the first time (which I know is very very rare), I will have to take my final year LLB exams when I would be 7-7.5 months pregnant. Apart from the stress of preparing for the exams, I am wondering if it is realistic for a 7.5 month pregs lady to sit in one place and concentrate for 3 continuous hrs... (I will have 4 such exams).

What do you all think?? Should I consider postponing TTC for another month or so?? Any advice appreciated!

xxx

Hiya...I have a little experience of taking exams while being pregnant, I was just 20 weeks pregnant when I took my final accountancy exams....it was 2 exams 3 hours each....good news is baby brain certainly didn't stop me as I am now a qualified accountant :)

As for your situation....4 exams seems quite heavy going! You may feel perfectly fine at 7.5 months pregnant but then again you just don't know. I could probably sit down even now for 3 hours (although I'd be worrying about going into labour!! lol) I'd be more worried that the stress would not be good for you and to be honest you will probably want to be preoccupied with baby things and I know just how hard it is taking exams.

I am a firm believer that you can do anything you set your mind to however what would happen if you were unable to take the exams when they came round....would this be a huge cost to you?
xx

Hey Nat!

Thank you for the reply. Congratulations on your exam success! :)

As you said, there is certainly a huge factor of uncertainty. It would be a disaster for me if I am unable to take the exam (my job offer depends on me doing decently well in these exams). And law final exams are a killer (to add to this, I am not a calm and composed person during exam times :) ) So, probably its better if I postpone TTC for a month I guess...

xxx

Mmh, I'm just over 71/2 months and to be brutally honest I wouldn't fancy it. I didn't realise how tired I'd be. It's not the same for everyone I'm sure, but personally it'd be a no no x

I think thats a good choice, at 7.5 months you will just want to be thinking about the baby I think :) Its such an exciting time :)
I don't envy you taking law exams, I had to do a little law for my qualification and remembering all thoses cases was near impossible. Its a very good idea to try to get exams out the way before bubs comes along though - I can't imagine trying to studying with sleepless nights

Good luck TTC in another month or so :)

Hiya :) I worked full time until I was 8 months no problem. That included concentration for 7.5 hours a day ;) so id say it wouldnt be a problem, but all pregnancies are different

Thank you everyone for the replies!

i.love - I agree pregnancies are very different for different ppl. This would be my first LO... I have no idea how it would work out for me. But its great to know that even at 8 mos, you could work for that long!! way to go!

I feel fine at 7 months ish, i would just insist on takin in a cushion to sit on as my hips start to hurt if I sit on an uncomfortable chair for a long period of time

I wouldn't fancy it at all. Would it be possible to wait another month or 2 to try just in case? Would give you a chance to start your folic acid etc a few weeks before conception as well if you haven't already.

Ive no experience hun and this is my first pregnancy but in the space of 3 hours at 33 weeks the amont I have to go to the toilet is unreal..Im still working and Ive a desk job but Im up at least every 45 mins to wee. Ive also got some hip pain starting to set in which means I cant comfortably sit for long periods.
So take small factors like that into account as well :)

thank for the reply girls!

jojo - I am already on folic acid/EPO/vitamin b6 :) Having the LO around sep - dec 2012 would be ideal for me career-wise. So trying not to move it any further...

jomc - thats right! I was thinking of small things like going to the toilet/heartburn/leaking breasts and I have read that its possible to have very minor (preparatory) contractions in the third trimester - all these might just distract me too much during the exam I guess...

Im just over 34 weeks and have a desk job, i sit all day and sometimes im so busy i dont get chance to take my proper breaks.

Im due to start my MAT Leave next fri when ill be nearly 36weeks but im thinking about postponing it as im feeling fine.

As long as i get plenty of rest on the nights im ok. I feel better now (tiredness wise) than at the begining of my pregnancy when all i wanted to do was sleep.

I can only give my point of view for the below though.

Hearburn - i was prescribed tablets and no longer suffer.
Toilet - my bladder is fine i prob only pee 3-4 time all day and night.
Leaky boobs- Only if they are squashed or ive slept against them lol. (i have breast pads ready for if it gets worse.)
Braxton Hicks - mine are not painful but noticable as my bump goes hard.
Sitting for long periods - im fine aslong as i move my feet, im even planning on driving down to birmingham next friday to see my little sisters before Crumpets arrival.

Everyones pregnancy is different. But i wish you all the best in TTC whenever you choose to start.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back