Need some advice regarding a poorly assesed 12 week scan...

YazminaBambino

Reaction score
Hello expecting mummies,

I need a little advice. I had my 12 week scan a few days ago. At the forefront it appears that the babys hb, NT measurment & size are in good proportion. However, the baby was in the wrong position throughout the whole scan, laying on his or her side. This restricted all of the measurments and this is also stated on the letter I'd received post scan. The individual doing the scan was extremely horrible towards me & I honestly felt like an entity upon a bed & the scan was purely between her & the screen. She mentioned to me that, as the baby wasn't moving into the correct position, her or she was weak & had no energy due to me not eating breakfast. She dismissed everything I said. Now, I know her view was restricted & the baby flipped over for a second to then turn back. I've called the m/w, expecting a call back, in order to ask for another with someone who is not so judgmental of my age. Am I being silly?

All the best to you all.

:)

hiya hun sorry you had such an awful scan that should have been a time of enjoyment!!
how old are you??
u should complain to the place you had your scan at, did she not even ask u to get up and move around so the baby would move about ?? thats what they did with my son!!!
that is not a great thing to tell an expectant mum... that her baby is weak!!! i doubt your breki would have had time to get through to the baby that quickly anyway
i was 16 with my son and the nurse was horrible to me and told me to get an abortion!!! bloody witch!!!!! i didnt obviouslt and im happy to be a mummy
id have had a right go!!!!! aarrrggghhh lol

Hi,

I'm 20, almost 21 & I think she had one look at me only to presuppose something! I really despised her at that point but kept polite believing she'd ease up. She got me to wriggle a lot but nothing happened. Surely you'd send me off for a few hours or ask me to come back another day? Do you think its right I ask for another? Some can be so judgmental. I didn't even do it for the pictures or experiance - I just want to know my child is healthy! She is an evil old witch!! Haha.

I've been told by my midwife that you are perfectly within your rights to ask not to be seen by that sonographer again. You don't have any obligation to be seen by someone who you feel didn't treat you with the professional respect that you are entitled to as their patient.

You're not alone too, I'm going to ask not to be seen by a particular registrar at my next antenatal clinic appointment because I don't like her attitude towards me or the way talking to her makes me feel afterwards.

Last edited:
Oh hun, how awful! Like u I would have thought they wud get you to do some star jumps (thats what my midwife said lots of sonographers suggest!), drink something hot or cold or as u said come back another day.

Ur def rite to contact them an complain and ask for another one :)

wow, you deffo need to complain about that. how mean is that!xx

What a horrible sonographer. I had exact same problem as you baby was facing wrong way then kept moving into other difficult positions. I was in there ages too but I moved about and she poked my belly and persisted until baby was in the right position to do checks. I would complain and try to get another appointment, they shouldn't be judging anyone however old or young they are.

How rude!! I'd definitely ask for another scan! And telling you your baby was weak?!! :shock: Surely as an experienced sonographer she should know that they sleep most of the time?! When I had my 4D scan with Toby I went out of the room, drank a can of coke, ate lots of chocolate and jumped around a bit to try and wake him up and he still didn't want to move much! And he was far from weak! I'd have been so upset at the way you were treated :hug: x

Thank you all for your lovely messages *hugs*

This morning I received a call from the m/, I explained what had happened to her briefly. She said that in most cases women are advised to write letters. However, she said she will call the u/s department to see what she can do. I don't want to complain, I just want another scan. The u/s picture of my babys face is unclear & was for her too so I am concerned about his/her development.

All the best to you all :D x x x

Defintitely make sure you get another scan, people can be sooo mean and judgemental. You really dont deserve that at all. Going for any scan but especially the 12wk is such an important and scary thing so they should be nice to the mothers! stick to your guns!

Awww hun, what a cow!
You should have said to her what happened on the film 'Juno'

"Oh, you think you're so special because you get to play Picture Pages up there? Well, my five year old daughter could do that and let me tell you, she's not the brightest bulb in the tanning bed. So why don't you go back to night school in Mantino and learn a real trade."

:lol:
Good on you for talking to midwife.
xxxx

Hahaha, thanks TiffanyJaynexo...that really made me chuckle. Thanks ladies for all your support & lovely comments. My partner put on his angry voice & called the u/s department in order to speak to a consultant. She was a lovely lady and looked through the notes in order to reassure us that all was well with the baby. Furthermore, my bloods came back 1:24000 which I do believe is very low risk. I tried to stick to my guns ladies but they wouldn't give me another because there's no concern. I put in a formal complaint, feel a little cuel..haha. I am paying for a private on next week for a sneak peak! Hehe.

All the best lovelies!

Hahaha, thanks TiffanyJaynexo...that really made me chuckle. Thanks ladies for all your support & lovely comments. My partner put on his angry voice & called the u/s department in order to speak to a consultant. She was a lovely lady and looked through the notes in order to reassure us that all was well with the baby. Furthermore, my bloods came back 1:24000 which I do believe is very low risk. I tried to stick to my guns ladies but they wouldn't give me another because there's no concern. I put in a formal complaint, feel a little cuel..haha. I am paying for a private on next week for a sneak peak! Hehe.

All the best lovelies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back