need help/advice??

reillybaby1987

Reaction score
Okay so i've found out i'm pregnant but i have a problem which in my case is embarrasing to me

I had been talking to this guy called Darren for months before we agreed to meet up on the 3rd july, we went bowling, went for something to eat, had a great time and went back to mine for a couple of drinks and chat, the thing is we got carried away and one thing led to another.... he went home the next day and didnt talk to me a couple of txt's that was it then nothing he blocked my number, blocked me off msn and facebook never heard from him again....not sure why this was but i felt like i had done something wrong??

Anyway couple weeks later on the 16th July i got my period it lasted till about the 22-23 july never thought anything of it, it wasn't abnoaml or any different from other periods.

Then on the 27th july i met Tam who i was with for 3 months we broke up last week but between the 27th and the 29th when i was up staying at his we had sex....but in August when i thought i'd get my period it never arrived didnt think anything of this as my period has always been all over the place but on the 3rd of september i done 2 pregnancy tests to which they both come back positive.....I ended up in hospital on the 30th july feeling very ill sick and dizzy etc, they put it down to me being constipated, i was sick and passed out while in the waiting room of the hospital, they did a urine sample and took bloods and even done 2 ultra sounds surely if i had been 2-3 weeks pregnant wouldn't it have shown up?

now i'm worrying who the father is? i really want it to be tams but now i'm thinking about this other could it be his!! I guess i'll need to wait till my scan to find out or is there any other way i could find out before this?

Ive done all those calculator things but some tell me different anyone got any advice or been in a similar kind of thing? please help

Michelle xx

Last edited:
When my mate had her son we only figured out who the father was because he came out black and even then it took 2 different dna tests so you don't have much to be embarrassed about in my opinion.
Don't stress out over this until you have your dates confirmed hun. Pregnancy hormones make us think the weirdest of things and you have to try and relax. There's not much you can do about it now anyway. Whatever will be will be, chill out, pamper yourself and don't panic xxxxxxxx

Thank you "babybrain" i'm just scared because i told tam he was deffo the father but now i cant be sure, i know that it wouldnt show up on ultrasound because your still ovulating then and i'm not quite sure when my period was in june :S not that it does matter as i'm going to be a single parent anyway its just what other people will say that will hurt but as long as the baby is happy and healthy i dont care who the father is :) xxxxxx

Hey :)

Im not very good at maths but if i do a quick guess if u had a normal period on the 16th then 14 days after would have been your most fertile period and that is around the time you were with tam so i would say ur chances are good but i dont wanna get ur hopes up .. if u had been in hospital on the 30th theres no way they wud of picked up on it as it would of been way too soon.

Wait it out for your scan but im just trying to ease ur mind a little :)

thanks kaytee thats what i was thinking but i'll wait till my scan to find out for sure :s but baby will be loved either way :) xx

Good to hear :)
Hopefully u dont have to wait to long for scan & everythign shud be okay :) x

Hi reilly,

If it is any use to you, there's an early pregnancy scanning centre in perth. I looked into it and it's only £25 for an early scan! That's a brill price, they can often be over a hundred quid!

http://www.babyscanstudioperth.com/index.html

You've got a great attitude hon, putting baby first. Just ignore any comments!

to me it sounds like its tams for dates etc to match up, when u have ur scan ul feel reasured and hopefully be able to relax x

Definitely no need to be embarrassed - your not the first - nor will you be the last to have doubts over who "caught" you.
Reading your dates I would go with princess and say it sounds like Tams.

if its going to worry you i would suggest the early scan which would give you a better idea of dates.
xxx

ps - congratulations

hey hun, no need to be embarrassed on here :)

Going by ur dates I would say the baby is Tams. In regards to the ultrasound u had, it would have been way too early at 2-3 weeks pregnancy for anything to show. Really, ud be looking at seeing something on a scan around the 6-7 week mark.

The scan will give you a better idea hun, you should be able to work it out when you have a proper due date!
Also don't be embarrassed, I had to do a DNA test on my son and found out the person I thought was his father isn't, and now his actual dad has skipped the country! It happens hun, and you will get a beautiful baby out of it all!
XxX

Awww thanks everyone, feels so much better to have spoken to people about it, just you know what people in the real world are like, they judge you and they have no right too, its really none of their business and i know my baby will always come first before anyone now and she/he will be loved more than anything :)

Thanks again everyone, you've been a big help xxx

Have you not had a scan yet? I'd imagine it will be obvious at your dating scan when you conceived.

Hope it all works out how you want it to

No not had my scan yet they said i should get a letter next week fingers crossed, cant wait to see wee one :)

hmmm i'm still at a loose end, i asked midwife about this and she reckons i probably conceived at the end of july therefore it must be tams, if it was darrens then i reckon i'd be further on....but to find out for definete i would have to get a dna test but unless tam wants that then i'm not going to be doing it xx

They were so far apart you'll know from the scan so you won't need a DNA test. The fact that you had a period in between too suggests that it's almost definitely Tam's - both would have been around the right time for ovulation in what would have been different cycles, so I honestly think there will be no doubt. Dating scans are accurate to within a few days x

but this is the thing i cant work out, i only met tam on the 27th july that would make me 13 weeks today, so how can i be 14 weeks and 4 days arghhh :-S im so confused xx

Sorry, I completely missed that you already knew how many weeks you are. Pregnancy is dated from the first day of your last period, which means that (as most women ovulate roughly 2 weeks into their cycle) by the time you conceive you are 2 weeks pregnant. So 14 weeks 4 days means that conception was 12 weeks 4 days ago x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back