Nearly pooped myself!

JoAnn&Aimee

Reaction score
Earlier on, I had just put Aimee down in her cot for her nap. I was happily on the forums, not a care in the world, when suddenly the loudest drilling noise I have ever heard started up with no warnings. I literally nearly pooped myself. The cats, who were asleep on the couch, went mental and I just heard Aimee scream. Not cry, SCREAM so I ran into the bedroom and found her screaming from the top of her lungs while holding her head. The drilling was coming from below the cot and I could feel the vibrations through the floor!

2 weeks after Aimee was born our ned/chav neighbours who used to beat each other up and have rave parties were evicted (not fun when heavily pregnant and in pain, unable to sleep because of idiots) and it was silence, now someone has bought it and for 2 months it has been 'bang bang bang'. I think the previous neighbours trashed the place (always sounded like they were every night during their nightly fights) so the new people are having to do major work. This afternoon was so bad though. I have never seen Aimee so distressed before. I couldn't do anything except hold her close to me while she clawed my face and just screamed. :(

I ended up in tears myself seeing my daughter so upset by it. Thankfully the drilling stopped within minutes. I heard someone say 'oh god, do you hear that?'. I think they heard Aimee crying and knew they'd woke her up. I understand that they need to do work down there but it is quite noisy. This was the loudest though. I hope they are nearly finished the work down there.

I wish neighbours would just think for a second just to knock on the door and let you know!
When my sister lived here my ******* next door neighbour started at 7.30am and didn't stop til 9pm! At the time my nephew was a few months old and he screamed all day! It wasn't til the next day he mentioned he was having his kitchen refitted and was gonna be noisy! :?

Now he does it on purpose knowing i have a baby!

Some people are really inconsiderate. I don't mind downstairs doing work but a quick knock on the door to let me know it might be a bit noisy would be nice. Then I could take Aimee to my parents so she isn't woken up so horribly 10 minutes into her nap!

can you not go have a queit word with them? maybe take her down with you so they can see how young she is and just ask them to let you know
if they have now heard her, and u speak to them they may be more considerate in future?

bloody hell :shock: that mustve been horrible!

I probably wouldve gone and shouted at them tbh :evil: I had my poxy neighbours banging and hammering outside yesterday while Iz was in bed. Luckily it didnt wake her up, but if it had they wouldve been told to shut the hell up :shakehead: My neighbours know full well that ive got a baby and they just dont seem to give a toss. In fact theyve had the cheek to bang on the walls when Iz has woken in the night crying :shock: Arseholes. I know its loud but theres not very flippin' much i can do about it is there. And the bloke next door snores so effing loudly that you can hear it in our bedroom....cheeky noisy sods.

Hope they keep the bloody noise down for you in future! xxx :hug:

jeez, how inconsiderate!!! :x :x :x

hope ur both ok now tho :hug:

Awww poor Aimee, how inconsiderate of your neighbours! If they were going to be that loud, it wouldn't have hurt them to knock first and say they were about to start doing some work! :roll:

Our next door neighbours moved in when Amber was 10 months old, and they also started doing up the house straight away. They would start from around 7.30-8 in the morning and carry on right through the day, this went on for a good few months and they never once apologised for the noise, or even said hello if we saw them, bloody rude! To make things worse, a few months after the noise had stopped, we had a party round here for my Mum's 50th birthday and as it was the summer, we were all out in the garden... they came and knocked on our door and asked us if we could all move inside to the house as they could hear 'noise' when we were in the garden because they had all their windows open and it was disturbing there kids! :shock:

Id i have gone and told them to stop id not put up with that
They should have told you they were going to do some work :shakehead:

Hope Aimee has got over her fright :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I live in a block of flats and when we were due to come home from the hospital with our new born they decided to start renovating them all one after the other. I was so annoyed as they made so much noise and my little man had only ust been born. We complained to the housing partnership but they said there was nothing they could do. They gave us no warning that it was going to happen either. Oh and the work carried on until he was nearly 4 months old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back