• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NCT Antenatal classes?

missymiamoo

Reaction score
Hiya Tri 3 ladies,

I've just snuck in from tri 1 to ask if any of you did NCT antenatal classes and think it's worthwhile signing up? They're quite pricey for us so I'd love to hear from anyone who's done them to see if it's worth the wonga.

xxx

I did them, and I definitely think they were worth the cash. Infact I have just come back from lunch with the girls that I met in the classes.

From my point of view I didn't know anyone who was having a baby at the same time as me so being able to meet other new mums was really important. I think our classes were spread over 7 separate dates so we really got a chance to get to know each other properly.

The classes themselves were useful, my husband didn't find them tedious at all which I was worried about (he even missed various Spurs and England football games for them :lol:) We got to learn alot about giving birth, breast-feeding etc. Plus we were asked at the start of the course what we wanted to get out of them so they were tailored to our specific needs and wants.

I would 100% recommend them if you can afford them. I used my health in pregnancy grant to pay for them :)

We've just signed up. We weren't sure either, cos of the price, but then I remembered teh health in pregnancy granat (£190) and we put that towards it and that makes a huge difference. Only heard good things about it..!

We've signed up, got first one end of this month. Eveyone i know who's had a baby said i just had to get them booked as they were absolutely worth it... Hopefully they're right! I'm looking forward to them!

We are half way through our classes (8 sessions, one being just for the ladies) and we are both loving it and gaining so much from the classes. Would highly recommend them.

Thanks for the replies - you've convinced me so I'll get booking them soonly!
xx

you're already convinced but just to echo what has been said, we did them and wern't going to but decided in the end to give them a go. As rhinohorn said, great way to meet other mums-I'm going for lunch with my group tomorrow and see them every week. It's been so good to have people int he same situation to compare expereinces with so far...

good luck! hope you meet a nice bunch of people x

Yup I agree with what everyone has said - well worth doing, you learn a lot and get to get excited about your new baby with others in the same position and due around the same time. Great way of meeting new friends too, go for it xx

i didnt do the NCT ones cos there dont run them in my local area, they do in the city near us, but its like 30 mins traveling time not in rush hour n most of the classes were during the day meaning i couldnt really go with hubby.

decided to go to the local childrens centre ones and hospital ones and *i think* they teach the same, these were loads better for us cos they are in the evennings and wkends so we could go and not worry about work!

ive heard nothing but good things about them all tho, not sure id pro-activly meet up with any1 from the local childrens centres, but ive got time to be convinced on other classes... didnt help one guy at the side of us thought me n hubby were cusins cos we have the same name... no luv, were married no related, lol silly boy,

x

no disrespect to people who marry there cusins tho!!!

I wish I xould do these again, just for the lovely friends you make, they won't have me as I'm not a first timer, and they told me as I'm a section lady, It won't be worth me going for refresher ones! boo humbug.
Gonna look for breastfeeding ones instead, or join aquanatel to meet mums now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back