Naughty doggies will get me shot

Little Bump

Reaction score
I'm looking after my mums dogs, a yellow lab and a chocolate lab whilst she's away. They've been here almost a week and haven't had any glitches really, aside from one of them chasing a ball and watching it and not where she was going, resulting in running into the back of my knee sending me flying....

They were walked at 7am with our own dogs, then I put them in the pen for a while whilst I let my dogs run the yard, as though they all get on well they can get a bit rowdy running together and being on my own in the day I don't want to risk any altercations between them as I can't jump in, so they swap and change during the day and run together from 5pm until 10 or 11pm when OH's here. I must add that the 'pen' is actually an old crew yard, that we concreted, and holds 3 or 4 horses easily with plenty of room for them to keep ut of each others way....

11am I swapped them over, letting the labs out in the yard, 11.15am I heard shouting and barking....figuring I'd best go see as I live in the middle of nowhere and you never hear anything I discovered my nearest neighbour in the middle of the lane shouting and waving his arms as one of the labs tried to obsconder with his dogs food bowl and the other barked at him as he was shouting....

I shouted them and they came running immediately, and I managed to wrestle the bowl off Jess and handed it back whilst apologising profusely....my face was glowing :oops: but he was so stroppy, I apologised again but he walked off....

Then I walked home with 2 very smug labradors trotting at my side to find Asda had arived with the weeks shopping and before I had a chance to react the girls were in the back of the van :oops:

I grabbed them and shut them in a stable but by this point I could have cried......

Got the poor Asda chap to dump the shopping by the gate and had to put the girls back in the pen, but my dogs were in there...after trying to get 3 out and 2 in I gave up, figured OH would be home in the next hour or so for his lunch and chucked them all in together.

Turns out the labs escaped through a tiny gap under the gate-this is somehow terrier proof but not labrador proof :?

Not sure how that works....

I shall have to go and apolgise again to the neighbour when he's calmed down, but he can be a bit tempramental at the best of times, I just hope he doesn't shout at me, though I can't blame him, I'd have been a 'bit cross' if the shoe was on the other foot....

you deserve a well earned cup of tea and a sit down I hope your getting it :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
i have 2 labs I know exactly what there like.nothing comes between labs and food and mischief :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm glad my awful morning brightened up yours ladies :rotfl:

I have 2 terriers and a whippet X terrier....after coping with those I thought 'labs..pfffft-piece of cake'

Never underestimate a labrador lol

Worst of it is one's 5 and the other's 9, so I can't even blame it on their age :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back