Naughty behaviour...

Lolly85x

Reaction score
Is it possible for an 11 month old to be naughty?
W is a fantastic baby! So much fun and loving little boy. But all he seems to want to do is stuff he shouldn't. He's not interested in toys at all. He loves things he shouldn't touch. When he does something I don't want him to I remove him and try and distract him with something else, but he just starts crying and kicking his legs in temper :-/
And he knows when he's doing something naughty because he looks to see where you are and if your watching him before he does it. Iv tried saying no, Iv tried distracting him. Help...!!

Hiya Hun all I could advise is when he does something he shouldn't and takes a temper tantrum so to speak ignore it, and hopefully he will understand when mummy says no it's naughty and that he won't get attention for naughty behaviour iykwim, I know he's to young to understand but this seemed to work for us and I'm still ignoring the tantrums lol and there not lasting very long at all

Got a 9mth old diva the exact same. She also knows when she shouldnt be doing somthing cause she crawls over and shakes her head for no. Then does it. She throws wobblers when you try to remove her or the item and has no interest in her toys but wants whatever I have?! These kids have been here before. Think it must be developmental though and surely it will pass?????? Xxx

tapatalking

No it's not possible for a child this age to be naughty, you're doing the right thing by saying no and moving on. It's tough isn't it? We had a strop today too, she's taken to waving her arms around when she doesn't get her way!

Punishing a child in any way at this age will only damage their brain development and make them very confused.

You're doing the right thing but it will take perseverance. When they're a wee bit older, empathetic listening will work wonders. Basically acknowledging why they're upset or frustrated and verbalising it for them. For example "I know you're upset, you wanted to stay on the swing, you don't want to go home." It's not mollycoddling them, it's acknowledging that their feelings are valid and normal, but then just moving them away from the situation and getting on with it xx

Naughty babies!!!!!!!!!! Not literally but still!

Amelie is exactly the same. I hope they will eventually grow out of it.
We don't practice no or anything similar or time out etc.
I got away or blocked out if her sight everything that she can get to abs I don't like. I baby proof everything and I empty the lower drawers and put her toys in there.
She practically has the whole living room and she is free to go and pull whatever she wants around as everything is safe.
We got the coffee table away of we want a coffee or a pop we simply have it in the kitchen or when she sleeps so no cups for me to yell Amelie don't touch mummy's coffee lol.
If she tantrums about sth I pick her and fly her around to an airplane motion to the hallway for example to play with the light switch.
She didn't hear no yet from us as we decided to use it only if she is about to pull a hot thing on her etc etc
Sometimes I tell her stop if for example she is kicking the table while she is the highchair ready to launch herself backwards, she either has a strop or she laughs at me.
If she starts crying I will say for example oh why are you crying should a call the puppy to cheer you up??? Did you get Sad that nummy dosent let you play now? And then I would call coco in a funny voice for example.
If she starts laughing and keeps doing it I start playing a pat pat the table game or ask her where is her nose, duck etc she soon forgets what she was doing and starts playing with me,

I suppose as with everything else there is no universal answer, probably whatever suits you and your gorgeous boy?

Naughty babies!!!!!!!!!! Not literally but still!

Amelie is exactly the same. I hope they will eventually grow out of it.
We don't practice no or anything similar or time out etc.
I got away or blocked out if her sight everything that she can get to abs I don't like. I baby proof everything and I empty the lower drawers and put her toys in there.
She practically has the whole living room and she is free to go and pull whatever she wants around as everything is safe.
We got the coffee table away of we want a coffee or a pop we simply have it in the kitchen or when she sleeps so no cups for me to yell Amelie don't touch mummy's coffee lol.
If she tantrums about sth I pick her and fly her around to an airplane motion to the hallway for example to play with the light switch.
She didn't hear no yet from us as we decided to use it only if she is about to pull a hot thing on her etc etc
Sometimes I tell her stop if for example she is kicking the table while she is the highchair ready to launch herself backwards, she either has a strop or she laughs at me.
If she starts crying I will say for example oh why are you crying should a call the puppy to cheer you up??? Did you get Sad that nummy dosent let you play now? And then I would call coco in a funny voice for example.
If she starts laughing and keeps doing it I start playing a pat pat the table game or ask her where is her nose, duck etc she soon forgets what she was doing and starts playing with me,

I suppose as with everything else there is no universal answer, probably whatever suits you and your gorgeous boy?

Great examples Hope :) xx

110% would I ever punish him. No way! He's far too little and understand.
The house is pretty much baby proof but he still manages to have a few moments...! I guess it's just trial and error?xx

110% would I ever punish him. No way! He's far too little and understand.
The house is pretty much baby proof but he still manages to have a few moments...! I guess it's just trial and error?xx

My house isn't even remotely baby proof so it's usually hubby that gets a row! When he's 'watching' her he leaves cables lying, crisp packets, glasses of juice, all within her reach. He then has the cheek to say 'behave' to Alyssa when she grabs them! It's not her fault, she's curious! So we're either going to have to baby proof the ass out of this house or dh will have to get the hawkeye skills drummed into him. I'm torn between babyproofing and trusting dh to be careful.

Haha... It's hard though because removing everything you don't want them to touch doesn't learn them not to? W loves cables etc. but they are all put away. But it's came to the point we can't use the laptop when he's in the room! Haha... But it's like the sky box and things too. He's went up to the sky box and iv let him look and have a touch, then distracted him by something else. I don't want to make it seem more interesting by making a big deal and not letting him see it. And saying no because I thought that would just make it more desirable haha :) didn't work and I'm currently sitting with no TV on because he's done something to the sky box...

We had trouble with the sky box and OHs games console we just had to keep taking her away from it and saying no Keira don't touch please or that's daddy's ect it is hard and you can't remove everything, it takes awhile for them to understand be persistent that's all you can do I suppose. It's very hard trying to do the right thing but in the end its for his safety

Oh my god yes! Ethan loves to do everything he's not supposed to. He also looks at me before doing it with a cheeky grin on his face to see whether or not I'm watching him. Lately, his favourite 'naughty' thing to do, is attempt to put his toy spanner/hammer and his blocks through the tv screen!! He's already managed to mess it up with a huge patch of pixelation on the screen. Needless to say OH went on a mad one (at me, not Ethan)..

I just tell him 'no' and take him away from whatever he's doing. He usually throws a wobbly so I sit and ignore him waiting for him to calm down then we carrying on playing. Until the next naughty episode 10mins later :lol:

Xx

I just tell him 'no' and take him away from whatever he's doing. He usually throws a wobbly so I sit and ignore him waiting for him to calm down then we carrying on playing. Until the next naughty episode 10mins later :lol:

Xx

Whoever invented the phrase 'patience of a saint' should have made it 'patience of a mummy' cos that's what we need eh?!! :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back