Nasty taste in mouth

OopsyDaisy

Reaction score
For about a week or so now, I have been constantly having a nasty taste in the mouth. It goes when I eat and drink, but soon after, it's there again and I can't seem to shift it. And the taste isn't helping with the morning sickness either. Any tips ladies?

I can't help you Hun but I get a horrible taste when I'm feeling sick! Not very nice at all! Hope it goes soon for you :)

Is it a metalic taste? If so this is very common in early pregnancy. I used to get a foul taste in my mouth with my last pregnancy and i found a constant supply of xtra strong mints helped xx

It's not very metallicy, just very unpleasant, and I'm not a very big fan of mints either :(

With my 1st pregnancy, my morning sickness lasted 2 months - as soon as I hit the 2nd trimester. I can't wait til then!

Yeah I had this, and everyone kept on asking me if it was metallic but it wasn't - it was just horrible!! Same with me that it went when I ate or drank but not for long. On the up side, it went at about 14 weeks and (touch wood) it hasn't come back.

maybe its worth visiting the dentist if it doesnt go away. could be an infection?

i get that. have right from the start, mine is like an acidy type tast. im sorry to tell you im 34 weeks and have had it all the way thru however.....i might have a solution for you, as it works a treat for me. to start of with i had gaviscon but that wasnt good with morning sickness so i switched to wriggleys extra chewing gum. when ever i get that taste i pop a bit chewing gum in and it deals with it. i go thru packets and packets but its worth it! the midwife told me it was acid reflux and said that caffine effects it worse, which made sense cause i always got it the worst if id drank coke or tea. hope that can help.

Luckily the taste seems to have subsided, and my nausea is now only bad in the mornings and late evenings. I'm hoping by the time I hit the 2nd trimester, it'll be gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back