Nap routine

StephyLou

Reaction score
After some advice on how to get baby to nap in the afternoon anywhere but on me. She's really good at going down easily at 8/9pm and will drift off back to sleep on her own after the 4am feed. But daytime naps are beginning to be a problem as i now do need time to sort the house ect.

She wakes at around 7.45am and will drift back for her first nap around 9.15. I now know her body is telling her to sleep again at 11.30-12 and 4-4.30. The 11.30 is 50/50 as she'll sometimes sleep on our bed which can be made safe but as of this moment i can tell she's starting to be tired but attempts at putting her in the crib or on the bed are just met with cries.

How can i make the afternoon nap more alluring?

Rowan sometimes does her morning one in her bouncy chair (it has a vibrate function, not sure if that makes a difference!) with the radio on. I think a bit of motion from the chair and the voices help, and being a little more upright perhaps... I know other people have mentioned swing chairs for naps too.
Other than that, she doesn't really nap much, but it doesn't seem to bother her!

Last edited:
Thea's gone to sleep at 7.30 tonight but has been awake since 2pm!

She's just so nosy, when she's in her chair she loves looking around everywhere, same in the pram. Its a positive really but I'm thinking we're gonna have to make her room a little less vibrant from pictures ect..

Cady wakes up in a morning between 7&9... drops back off after her bottle until about 11am... has lunch at 12... probably doses back off around 2pmish... and then unless she is extra tired is wide awake until 8/9pm when she will go back to sleep and to bed

As a mother of 2 little girls who only chose me as their napping positions, I can completley sympathise. Not letting them stay awake for more than 90 mins and a swinging chair and white noise helped and when all else failed I'd put them in the carrier where they'd drift off happily and i could complete a few tasks. My house did stay pretty unruly for the first 6 months after each of them were born though.

Not sure how old your baby is but if it's any reassurance its completley normal for your baby to want just you in the day time and at night. I run baby classes and this is such a common complaint. Then you talk to these mums 6-7 months down the line and they're consoling the newer mums that it gets better and the babies start to nap better. For me this was very true too.x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back