peach

Reaction score
have you chosen them yet?

for a boy we have oliver john stephenson

for a girl we have 3 lol

olivia grace stephenson or
ruby may stephenson or
ruby louise stephenson

Oliver is lovely. Love Ruby for a girl :)

Have my girls name set. Have a boys name that my partner liked too and most friends and family. Told his mom and she was nearly sick... She said 'change it, change it now' which as made me more determined to have it!!! :rotfl:

Those are all lovely names. I have no idea on a name yet - and my due date is NEXT WEEK!! All the names I like my hubby doesn't and it annoys me cos he named our son and said I could name the next one.

We have sort of come to a compromise and chosen Katie Ann or Katie Rose. But I love the names Heidi, Imogen, Maria, Kirstie, and Libby - hubby hates them all :wall:

i like katie my name is katy lol

it took usages to get it down tothe ones we have hubby not tokeen on ruby but he named our son also so i think itsmy turn lol

Nice names.

Our little girl is called Jaida, haven't decided on a middle name yet, and it looks like she's going to have OH's surname which is Pearson.

So it's Jaida ___ Pearson. Middle name suggestions welcome :D

I like both Olivia or Ruby 8) Ruby May thats lovely :)
good choices
Oliver for a boys name is lovely too!!!

we could never decide on a girls name in my heart right from the start i KNEW this was a boy anyway :cheer:

My Son's going to be called Collier my Grandad Colliers surname :hug:

Our little girl is going to be called Olive Elizabeth Trowsdale.

If the DR was wrong and she is a he, we are calling him Archie Dylan Trowsdale.

Hi

Fab names everyone. :cheer:

We have chosen

Eowyn Narissa Snow for a girl

Alban William Piers for a boy

currently the baby is called Wibbles by everyone so I sure despite Wibbles will stick as a nickname :rotfl:

Mx

I'm having a baby no name, the chances of OH and I agreeing on a name this side of Christmas is slim to none :rotfl:

How long do I have before I need to decide?

Alex xxx

EDIT- I meant how long after the baby is born do I have to name him/ her?

oh and I love the name Ruby but my brother has just got a puppy and called her that :(

probably Megan Elizabeth or if scan was wrong Samuel James

ASD123456 said:
I'm having a baby no name, the chances of OH and I agreeing on a name this side of Christmas is slim to none :rotfl:

How long do I have before I need to decide?

Alex xxx

EDIT- I meant how long after the baby is born do I have to name him/ her?

In England you have 42 days :hug:

I'm having a little boy and i'm going to call him Cooper.. most people i've told really dislike it, my sister said that if we call him that then they going to give him another name which they'll call him at there house!! Told her fine he'll not be coming then! :shakehead: Have tried to think of another name for him but it just feels right maybe when he pops out he'll look like something different.

Think it's 6wks you have to regeister the birth. Wonder what happens if you don't do it in that time frame :think:

keli said:
I'm having a little boy and i'm going to call him Cooper.. most people i've told really dislike it, my sister said that if we call him that then they going to give him another name which they'll call him at there house!! Told her fine he'll not be coming then! :shakehead:

Um YOUR BABY, YOUR name choice!!!! If you love that name you call him that!!! Ok its not a hugely popular name but i personally quite like it!!

My baby doesnt have a name atm!! :roll: I cant decide so i'm going to wait until shes here to name her properly (pray they were right and shes a girl cos i hanvt even looked at boys names)

ATM shes called Tally, or Tallulah, tbh the more i call her it the more i like the name lol, and i feel it'll be her nickname from my mum regardless of what i call her in the end!!

we're going for charlie michael or susan elsa
everyone tries to be polite but i can tell they hate it...
but i like them. and... they just feel right.
surnames are harder... i'm not with my partner really... but, urgh it's complicated. can't decide whether to give him his way with the surnames. probably not.

I have a girls name picked but not 100% on a boy one.
The boys name I do like is a bit different, the few people iv mentioned it to have said its too weird though :roll:

keli said:
I'm having a little boy and i'm going to call him Cooper.. most people i've told really dislike it, my sister said that if we call him that then they going to give him another name which they'll call him at there house!! Told her fine he'll not be coming then! :shakehead: Have tried to think of another name for him but it just feels right maybe when he pops out he'll look like something different.

Sorry for popping in here from first tri but.....

....my baby nephew is called Cooper and it really suits him. I think its a great name and I'm sure anyone that doesn't like it initially will get used to it, well they'll have to. :)

It really gets on my t*ts that people feel they can give derrogatory comments on name choices.

I felt like shouting at my OH mom. Wanted to tell her she had her chance to name her kids, this is our chance!

She is had a dig at my sons name (he is from a previous relationship)

He is named Tyler. She said 'I have heard that all over the TV...It's very common!'

:evil: :evil: :evil:

What a lie!!!!! :twisted:

My OH daughter is named Ellie. Her other grandchildren are Jay and Ami....Nice names....But a hell of a lot more common than Tyler (IMHO)....But she chooses Tylers name to have a swipe at :evil:

Rant over :rotfl:

same me and OH suggested harrison briefly but MIL said that his dads brother lived on harrison road or something, :S dont see how thats got alot to do with anything but :S apparently a reason to not use it and has now put OH right off

People are very rude about names, any names that I've liked I have eventually been put off by someone so when me and OH do decide, no one will know until the baby is here :twisted:

With the regards to what they can do if you don't give your baby a name (register) this is what i found on the subject

After 6 weeks you are liable to get a formal legal requisition demanding your attendance. If you do not attend after receiving this formal notice you are liable to prosecution.
If you are likely to have any difficulty attending within the 6 week period please let us know and we will consider extending the period if there are good reasons for doing so.

So maybe we'd better get out thinking caps on.

Alex x

i hate people being so rude about name choices, it actually has NOTHING to do with them... naming your baby is something so special and personal, and when people say "ummmm... no i dont like that" it's like GREAT thanks now when my babys born i'll end up feeling guilty because i'm calling it something his dads brothers girlfriend doesnt like... how ridiculous!
grrrr... sorry bit of a rant there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back