• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

name advice please

mrsbrickelltobe

Reaction score
ive recently read a thread called name thief where a friend pinched a name already chosen.

my sister i law had a boy last year but if she had a girll she would have called her sofia.

well now im preg with a girl i really like sophia-jade. etiquette wise i know i shouldnt, but she didnt have a girl so should i not use the name i like just IN CASE she might ever have a girl in the future. (she has said she would like it if ever she has a girl) but what if i dont use it and she never has a girl??) ahhhh its just the only one me and ptr agree on. i also like alexa-jade but ptr not fussed. help! would it be really wrong, truth please id rather know xxx

You dont have to rule it out just because she mentioned liking it, and as you said she ended up with a boy this time. I would have a word with her, so that you dont have to suffer any guilt later. You might be surprised to find she doesn't mind you using that name, she may even be chuffed about it, who knows!

I agree with pregnopaws. You will only know by speaking to her, she's said she's planning it just in case she has a girl. I think she would be pleased that you approached her rather than going ahead and using it anyway. I hope it's okay :)

I wouldn't use it personally - if she did go on to have a girl - what would she feel like. If she had it as part of a list I think it would be ok - but if was her chosen girls name I dont think so

Yeah, have a chat with her and see what she says. She may have gone off it now (for her own child).

I would speak to her too. I would have preferred it if my cousin had spoken to me. Just seems a bit cheeky not too. But if It was me and I had chosen a girl’s name and had a boy instead I wouldn’t be annoyed if someone took it. In fact I would probz just be like awwww what a lovely name :)

mmm yeah i think its rocky ground. i will ask, but i dont want it to feel like were rubbing it in shes had another boy, then using her name.

we'll have to find another one!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back