• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My poor princess has flu virus / mimic flu virus :(

happy-chick

Reaction score
Ellie's been really poorly yesterday & today so took her docs earlier and he said he thinks shes got flu virus or a virus that mimic's flu as she has all the symptoms and it came on quickly unlike a cold which is gradual and also comes with a runny nose :( Luckily he said babies/young children cope with it alot better than adults.

Shes got very high temp (39.3 at last reading), Sore throat, Shivering, Sweating, Sleeping most of the time, Restless, Drowsy and just generally really unwell. Never seen her this ill before and I dont like it :( Shes just sleeping most of the time at the moment and resting, just gotta keep her dosed up, well hydrated and as cool as poss then take her back if her symptoms worsen or temp isnt controlled.

Get well soon Ellie :hug: :hug: :hug: xxx

awww its awful, Glenn has had it too, quite a few babs have it or have had it, i think its an airborn virus that mimics the flu virus as it seems it is pretty widespread, hope she is feeling much better soon hun.... :hug:

Yeh doc said there are alot coming in with it :( he said 1/7 is real flu the others are mimic but the symptoms are the same so no way of telling.
Hope it doesnt last too long :pray: xx

awww poor baby :hug: :hug: :hug:
lots of hugs from leah xxxxxx

Awww get better soon Ellie :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

How is she today Jo?

Its awful seeing them like this give her lots of :hug: how is she today. Ruby been ill since Tuesday with this vomiting and poo thing going around :(

aww poor ellie :hug: :hug:

im hoping leland doesnt get it off his dad as his got this flu virus too :(

:hug: :hug: :hug: Poor Ellie.

It's awful when they're so ill, isn't it? :(

Thanks guys.

She's more or less the same today although her temp was only 38.8 when we got up which is a slight improvement, we got up and gave her nurofen in the night though as instructed by GP so maybe thats why.

Shes in bed at moment, she's probably been up for a total of 1hr 30mins today so she's sleeping lots which is good I spose cos it will give her body chance to fight it off. Shes feeling very sorry for herself but shes being a little angel, no crying really just wants lots of cuddles and stuff. She's eating/drinking fine which is good, just eating a little less than normal.

Hoping we're at the peak now and its gunna start tailing off soon :pray: although doc has advised us to rearrange her appointment for jabs which was weds for 2 weeks time so he thinks it could last a while :( Hope he's wrong!

Hate her being ill as we all do :( not nice! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back