• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My poor little girl

Rosie's Mummy

Reaction score
Well Rosie has been driving me crazy over the last few days, waking up again in the night around 2am - shouting at me, generally being a tike. Anyway, yesterday was the last straw. I had to go shopping to the mall to get my nursing bras, my mum came with me as I really struggle with my left hip now and can find it difficult to walk! Rosie was asleep when we arrived so I put her in the buggy which was fine even when she woke up she didnt mind; then I let her have a walk around on the reins which was great - until we got to M&S. Rosie loves escalators; nothing would suffice apart from taking her up the escalator; however, at the top she wanted to go down again - cue tantrum, full blown on the floor the lot. The first of many. :wall: I gave her some Calpol and she ate a little bit of lunch which was a quiet 5 minutes!

Rosie basically tantrummed her way around the mall and totally did my head in, I couldnt understand why she was behaving in that way - so many tantrums are out of character for her, she usually settles down and can be distracted! Anyways, we got back to the car and when I managed to get her into her car seat (another fittie) I sat down and looked at her and noticed that she had put both fingers in her ears. Then it immediately occured to me - EAR INFECTION - she has had a snotty nose over the last few days which I had put down to teething..straight to the doctors yesterday afternoon and yes, she has an infection in her left ear; now has antibiotics and seems to be a little better. No signs of a temperature!

Sorry this turned out to be an epic!

I felt so bad that I didnt realise sooner, poor little thing - no wonder she had been waking up in the night. That will teach me to put everything down to her teeth! :wall2:

Awe bless her! We all do it hub I wouldn't worry most time it is just babys teeth lol! She will be better before you know it! :) give her a hug from us x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aww bless her. its hard to no whats wrong with kids tho untill something else happens that makes you realise. Bella was sleepy friday and i didnt really think about it just thought she needed more sleep till she was sick in the car :/ then she came out in a rash sunday and Dr said it was a virus and she was fine.
Hope shes better soon :) x

I almost burst into tears in the doctors room, to think I had been telling her off..she couldnt tell me!

Hopefully she'll be all better in the next few days. Im sure its so easily done, don't worry. Im so sure Ill be doing this in the future. Its hard when they can't tell you :( xxx

Oh bless her! I've done it so Many times where you just assume they're being awkward or whatever! There's just no way of knowing is there :( big :hug: for the both of you xx

Thanks girls, its so hard when the communication is difficult - usually I can tell immediately what she wants. Things will be so much easier when she is talking :)

Aw bless! At least now you know what the problem is :hugs:

:hug: poor rosie! Dont beat yourself up over it hun, you werent to know. And you found it and got it seen to so well done!

She'll be chatting soon enough and youll be on here looking for ways to make her be quiet again!! :rofl:

oh hon...so easily done. We did something similar with H a few weeks ago thinking he was acting up for attention etc and then after being up with him in the night and telling him off for being naughty we realised in the morning he was really sore with nappy rash - we felt awful :(

it's sorted now so try not to be too hard on urself xxx

Thanks everyone, she is a little better but not 100% - just hoping that she is nice and better for when the baby arrives x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariyadavis
Back