My poor Jack ....

clairebear22

Reaction score
Has hayfever! :(

We don't usually go out alot from Monday to Friday because I can't drive and OH works 12hrs a day but last Tuesday we spent the day at the park and Wednesday we went to the farm. Thursday he had a runny nose & slight cough and up until yesterday he was 'ok' just a bit snotty. We went to my Mum's yesterday and spent the morning playing in the garden. Within 2hrs his eyes were swollen and he was screaming which is totally out of charachter for him. My Mum suffers terribly from hayfever so spotted the signs. My Sister ran and got us some Piriton and within an hour of taking it his eyes were back to normal and he was back to my smiley Jack!

We had a terrible night with him last night and he ended up in bed with us. We're going to have to keep the piriton in him all Summer.

He looks so rough, I just wish I could go through it for him :( x

Ahh your poor baby. Guess least its better its hayfever and not an allergic reaction. hope he picks up today x

Awwww, poor little man, horrible for a baby to suffer with it, hugzzz to Jack xxx

Zoe it's funny you should mention allergic reactions because he has pretty sensative skin, he can't use Sainsbury's wipes (even unscented) on his face because they literally burn him! He's also used Johnsons Bedtime Moisturiser since about 8 weeks old and last week it did the same thing as the wipes all over his chest/neck so we can't use it anymore! Also whenever he cries which doesn't happen very often he gets a very blotchy forehead that takes ages to disapear, after he'd had piriton he cried because his throat is sore and the blotches didn't appear?! I think it may all be linked! x

Last edited:
More than likely linked then. Ahh poor little sensitive Jack!! xx

Claire, what it the age on the piriton? I might have to get some for Jacob, it's an antihistamine isn't it? He doesn't have hay fever (I don't think), but he has a cows milk allergy, and eczema due to that, which drives him nuts with the scratching :(, might be worth trying the piriton if it's suitable.x

Sent from my sexy iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Well we've been a little bit naughty because it's from 1 year old. However he was very very poorly yesterday afternoon so we gave him some anyway and he perked right up. He hasn't had any side affects what so ever and he's had a 2nd dose this morning. It's up to you whether you want to use it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back