My Poor Dog :( - updated - He's home :)

charliebear

Reaction score
:cry::cry:

He's been admitted into the vet hospital and is all alone in isolation on a drip :cry:

He's had sickness and diahorrea, he's not been eating or drinking.
He's on a drip for rehydration and they're going to do some tests to try and find out whats wrong.

Good news is, he hasnt been sick since going in and if he's not sick overnight they will start him on water in the morning.

I'm soo worried about him, poor thing. :cry:

Friday 26th 16.27

OH has rang twice so far, we have to ring back around 6pm if they havent been in touch.
He's doing better, alot brighter, drinking water, been for a little walk and hates the cage! But loving the fuss being made of him!!
He was sick twice overnight so they gave him anti-sickness drugs and so far hasnt been sick again. The nurse was waiting on the vet to see if he could be tried with food?
Still no word of test results or when he can come home.

The nurse looking after Buddy rang me back tonight.
He's doing well :) No more sickness or diahorrea and he's managing small meals. He's on a drip overnight as he's still dehydrated and depending on how he goes tonight and vet check up in the morning he may be able to come home. They're going to ring in the morning.

She also said he was very handsome and sociable with very friendly, loving eyes...thats my boy! :lol:

Sat 27th 11am

I had a call at 10am, he's doing fab! They're going to keep him on the drip till it finishes about 5-6pm and they'll ring us around 5pm to let us know if we can go collect him!!

Really good news! :yay:

He's home :yay: and doing well, apart from he pee'd on my carpet :roll:
Got to take him for a check up on Thursday.

Thank you all for you fab support :hug:
You really are the Best! x

Last edited:
Aww bless him! It's horrible when they get ill hope he feels better soon hun xx :hug: :hug:

Poor you! Hope he gets better really quickly.:hug::hug: for you and your dog.

Ahhh no hun :( Hope it's nothing serious :hug:

Oh my goodness. You must be so worried :hug: I hope he pulls round through the night. Could someone have poisoned him? I accidetly poisoned my china once :blush: and she was ever so poorly xx

Oh no, poor little thing :hug: fingers toes and everything crossed, thinking of you :hug:

No, I dont think so hun.
He's always with one of us and we go the same places.
With him being a staffy, he doesnt get many friendly gestures either i.e treats - well apart from a clear path :lol:

Bless him, so misunderstood :hug:

I had a metal eukanoba food bin and i emptied the last bits of doog food into china's bowl. The metal had contaminated her food and thats how i poisoned her :oops: I got a plastic one after that.

Maybe he has eaten something on a walk or something. Dogs are like our babies, such a worry xx

oopsie...:hug: It wasnt your fault.
:lol: we bought a scoop from ELC for Buddy's food 50p!

:( I just want to go up there and sit in the isolation unit with him as he's all alone. Give him a great big :hug:

i bet you do chick. Your house will feel so empty without him there :hug: xx

:hug: i hope he gets better soon hun! give him a big hug from me when you see him, i cant stand dogs that come above my ankles, but for some reason i'm alright with staffies!!

aaaw poor wee dog!!
We looked after our friends once, it got a bit of a chewy thing stuck in his belly which have him d&v - vets got him sorted right out.
big hugs for you and woofer xx

Hope your baby is ok in the morning, it's such a worry isn't it, I mean dogs are like your third arm...let us know how he goes hun x

Hope your baby is ok in the morning, it's such a worry isn't it, I mean dogs are like your third arm...let us know how he goes hun x

I will do hun.

Thanks everyone. Just feel like poo atm :(

Sorry to hear about your dog :( Is he doing any better this morning?

Oh no :cry: Big :hug: for your doggie :hug: It's so so awful when they're ill :( Ours are like our kids -well, they are just now! - and when anything's wrong with them it's just horrendous :hug: Hope your lovely boy is better today :hug:

Thanks everyone. :flower:

OH has rang twice so far, we have to ring back around 6pm if they havent been in touch.
He's doing better, alot brighter, drinking water, been for a little walk and hates the cage! But loving the fuss being made of him!!
He was sick twice overnight so they gave him anti-sickness drugs and so far hasnt been sick again. The nurse was waiting on the vet to see if he could be tried with food?
Still no word of test results or when he can come home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back