• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

my oh work is mucking him about

emmaandamyleigh

Reaction score
so my oh works in a pub as a chef for the last 8 years and also lives there as its easier and cheaper for him than travelling he pays 35 quid a week for rent and council tax that really isnt very nice to live there and have no kitchen facilities and have to use the main restraunt kitchen to cook his food which i think by law is against health and saftey regulations where contamination could happen if you know what i mean.

so in august he was offered a team leader role which is nothing really differen to what hes doing now but came with a pay rise from 5.93 to 6.50 it was all arranged by the kitchen manger and the main manager new about it but when it comes to the pay rise he didnt get it, kept asking about it but nothing was done also they were ripping him off on a numerous times get less pay for the hours he was doing ie he was doing 50 hours and getting paid for about 35 any how he saw the main manager about the pay rise he sed hed sort it out but by the time he was going there was a problem going on one lad left who was tea leader then came back and they decided to step chris down and put this lad who left in charge temperary and another person, but the assistant manager was too happy about so chris enquired about why he hadnt been getting his pay rise with no answer then he sed he wanted back pay manager sed yeah well sort it out came today and manager sed we cant give you back pay as we dont have paperwork that you were teamleader nobody nos anything but they new he was teamleader and not paid him for it so we expected some back pay but now been told he wont get it and also they want him to move out too after living there 5 year paying rent doing overtime and not getting payed for it filling people shift and putting up with shit lately he gets treated like crap grrrr its all favoritism there it really gets to me coz he softy at heart and doesnt want to say anything that might get him the sack which wouldnt ifykwim i could scream so things arent goin right plus on top o that hell have to pay for taxis to get back to my flat rom work which is 16 quid a tym plus pay bus fair and also pay taxis if wanted on breakast shift hence no transport at 5 am grrrr it makes my blood boil the way they treat him!!! sorry rant over!!

aww hunni! seems like his work are just taking the piss cos like you said he's a softy and they think they can get away with it. I'd say go and talk to CAB (citizens Advice.) surely you will have some kind of legal right. And im sure they can't just kick him out for no reason and cant expect him to come in when there is no transport!

Really think u need proffessional advice as sounds like he's just working to pay for taxis and they're council tax! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back