• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My MW appointment today

ERIN84

Reaction score
Well i arrived and there is YET ANOTHER different MW this time.:shakehead: I have never seen the same one twice, how annoying! This lady was lovely and she is very happy with the measurements of my tummy, urine fine, all blood tests fine etc. Hubby actually came with me today due to the time of my appointment so he heard bubs heartbeat for the first time, his face was a picture! :)

I havent seen my midwife since 16 weeks when I had bloods for Downs Screening. Im due to see her when Im 28 weeks, the same week I see my consultant. Thats 12 weeks inbetween! :shock:

Awww glad you had a nice appointment hun :)

Thanks Mamafy! RM - thats a long time to go without seeing MW isnt it? x

It is a long time to wait i think first time mums get more but mine will be 12 weeks by the time i get to see one again! Glad everything went well for you and OH enjoyed hearing hb x

Yeahh, i apprently have to make an appointment for 28 weeks. but im gunna make on for 24, cant wait all that time to see a midwife!!

Glad your appt went well :D

xx

Glad went well!

Iv seen the midwife at 13+6, 17+6, and should be going at 23+6 but ill be 24+6 as had to change my appt but dunno how often ill be going after this next appt as they need to keep an eye on babys weight.
x

i dont really enjoy seeing my MW?

tbf i didnt with my first, especially when you have to start going weekly! Felt like a chore!
xx

yeah i never really get anything out of it? she always just seems soo ermmm routiney and like im boring her

As long as my baby's healthy etc I dont mind not seeing my mw alot. x How wonderful your hubby got to hear your baby's heartbeat! Bet it made you feel so happy!!! I can not wait to hear bubba x

Omgosh same here erin it's so frustrating as i create a rapport with someone then say ok next time i see you we'll do this.. And then the next time i see the mw it's a completely different one! And some of them are soo like 'i hate my job so i'm gonna take it out on you' so any question i ask i look stupid! Lol

sorry just had to rant about that! But yay am glad you had a nice appointment erin, it makes all the difference to your day and when oh is there to enjoy the experience, seeing their face makes you feel all the more positive!

All the best to you hun xxx

yeah i never really get anything out of it? she always just seems soo ermmm routiney and like im boring her

Mine's the same, she seems nice enough but is always late and really scatty so it always feels like she's rushing you out the door. Waste of time really.

Yeah i prefer listening to the heart beat on my own doppler and finding my info out on here lol :)

I quite like seeing th MW so I can be reassured that all is well with bub, ie: she felt all my tummy and said bub was positioned in the right place, told me he/she was measuring right - It just puts me at ease alot more.

Glad someone else feels the way I do about it Ria, so frustrating for someone to tell you they will see you next time and you have to start all over again with someone else!!!! How annoying! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back