my moms house

leckershell

Reaction score
For those who want to move into my moms house (as per convo in TTC yesterday) LOL...

Here's some lovely pics for you - though she doesn't have any of the kitchen I'm afraid!

Here is the front of the house..

Frontgarden5June06.jpg

Here is part of the back - to the right in the background is a separate storage place which is about double garage sized.. and since my mom renovates old stationary engines, she'll be using it as a engine workshop..!

Summer06.jpg

Here is the back of the house and conservatory bit, view from the bottom of the garden.

View5.jpg

Here are a couple of pics of me and my mom and me and nat while we visited their house - just so you can see how big the garden is, and the view! On the right side of the garden which you can't see, is a big log pile and axe, as they have a coal fireplace in the main lounge area room, and bordering the garden is a cow's field and sometimes the cows come and say hello but don't walk into the garden of course as there is a fence.

MicciMum1.jpg

MicciNat250.jpg

My mom's house rules :cheer:

OMG its gorgous!

You look really familiar actually, thats gonna bug me now lol, do you have family in bedfordshire or ashford by any chance?

glitzyglamgirl said:
OMG its gorgous!

You look really familiar actually, thats gonna bug me now lol, do you have family in bedfordshire or ashford by any chance?

my mom grew up in bedfordshire - biggleswade.. my nan and grandad used to live there before they moved up north for the quiet life. i visited them there a few times but not recently, i would have been much younger. there are still a lot of people around bedfordshire, like random uncles and aunties that i don't know the reason for... do you know someone there that would have my picture up or something..? lol i'd post one of me and my brother when we were younger as long as you didn't all laugh :)

leckershell said:
glitzyglamgirl said:
OMG its gorgous!

my mom grew up in bedfordshire - biggleswade.. my nan and grandad used to live there before they moved up north for the quiet life. i visited them there a few times but not recently, i would have been much younger. there are still a lot of people around bedfordshire, like random uncles and aunties that i don't know the reason for... do you know someone there that would have my picture up or something..? lol i'd post one of me and my brother when we were younger as long as you didn't all laugh :)

OMG I have loads of Uncles and stuff in Befordshire, and cousins up north, and you look sooooo familiar, you have the same look as my family if that makes sense?

Im gonna pm you now with some names :lol:

My best friend used to live in Biggleswade - I swear she only moved there cos she loved the name :D

No photos of the library room then - any chance of you popping round and getting photos of the kitchen and library room for us? hmm? Not that we're nosey or anything :oops: :rotfl:

I know she has pictures - they may be a little on the decorating messy side, but I'll try and get some more out of her. She'll prob think I'm a right loon :)

Stairs up to library room..

Minstrelgalleryfromatrium.jpg

New sunlight windows they've had built into the lounge..

Loungewithskylights2Mar07.jpg

The aga (it's the only kitchen pic!), though the pink tiles have been replaced with cream and green ones now :)..

agaboilingkettle.jpg

The conservatory/'sun room' as my mom calls it..

sunroom2.jpg

No, they got it at a good price because the previous owner needed a quick sale to move abroad. Turns out half the house was an extension which had no planning permission, and at one point they may have had to knock it down to a 3 bed, then build it all again. But luckily the solicitors saw sense and they don't have to do that anymore. They've had to fix a whole load of things they didn't know were wrong that were never advertised or told to them (central heating was faulty and destroyed the whole wooden floor in the lounge, the wiring is very dodgy, there was something wrong with the hot water supply and the plumbing etc etc) and they've basically not been able to move into it for nearly a year now. They're paying for the mortgage on that as well as their house in Wales which is actually habitable.. and the costs of that, plus everything that gets fixed will eventually be got back from the previous owners.. but because they live in spain, the solicitors been taking ages with the cross-country correspondence. So it's a lovely house, as soon as it's ready! They found out the other day the foundations weren't done right either, so they've had the back garden all dug up to try and get under the house to see how to strengthen it.

Argh for them, but yay at getting the house at a bargain. Sort of. It's cost them a lot lot more, but they will get the costs back.

leckershell said:
No, they got it at a good price because the previous owner needed a quick sale to move abroad. Turns out half the house was an extension which had no planning permission, and at one point they may have had to knock it down to a 3 bed, then build it all again. But luckily the solicitors saw sense and they don't have to do that anymore. They've had to fix a whole load of things they didn't know were wrong that were never advertised or told to them (central heating was faulty and destroyed the whole wooden floor in the lounge, the wiring is very dodgy, there was something wrong with the hot water supply and the plumbing etc etc) and they've basically not been able to move into it for nearly a year now. They're paying for the mortgage on that as well as their house in Wales which is actually habitable.. and the costs of that, plus everything that gets fixed will eventually be got back from the previous owners.. but because they live in spain, the solicitors been taking ages with the cross-country correspondence. So it's a lovely house, as soon as it's ready! They found out the other day the foundations weren't done right either, so they've had the back garden all dug up to try and get under the house to see how to strengthen it.

Argh for them, but yay at getting the house at a bargain. Sort of. It's cost them a lot lot more, but they will get the costs back.

Argh thats a bummer, Its such a beautiful house though! luckily they'll be getting the money back. I hope they'll be able to move in soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back