My midwife...

frangelle

Reaction score
I rang her last Monday about the agonising pains in my legs, and she STILL hasn't got back to me 8 days later, does everyones midwife take this long?

I know I haven't because I would be seriously ill or dead by now, but what if it was like a blood clot or something, grrrrrrrrrr, my last midwife was brilliant at stuff like this, but she's left :(

This is the only time I have rang the midwife so it's not like I harrass her all the time!

Thats terrible, they should take leg pains seriously in pregnancy.. i would get on to her again, maybe it has slipped her mind, and ask to be put through, you wont stand for her getting back to you, explain youve been waiting 8 days as it is..

have your legs got any bigger, best way is to get a bit of string and compare the sizes to each other.. hehe i saw this on a maternity programme :hug:

OMG! That is really bad! I would definately give her another ring. Do you still have the pain? Maybe it would be a good idea to see your GP, you could tell him about your rubbish midwife, i'm sure he won't be impressed!

LinsG said:
OMG! That is really bad! I would definately give her another ring. Do you still have the pain? Maybe it would be a good idea to see your GP, you could tell him about your rubbish midwife, i'm sure he won't be impressed!

I've got an appointment tomorrow anyway, but that's not the point, is it, grrrrrrrrrrrr. I think it might be that SPD that I posted about the other day, and basically just wanted to know so that I could have exercises to relieve the pain, as sometimes it is really painful!!!

My midwife was appaling and I changed surgeries a couple of weeks ago, which was a pity really cos the surgery I was at, the doctor was fine and I always got seen really quickly. The new one is better but anyhow.. my old midwife mocked me for asking about Pre-Eclampsia when I had a few symptoms on the list for it.. :x

It's best to tell her you're not happy but I know that's difficult cos I didn't tell mine, I just left! Either that or like the others say, see your GP or hospital instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back