My last day in the first trimester (and im ill for it!)

Jaidy

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just realised it was my last day in the first trimester! Tomorrow I will be 13 weeks and into the second trimester, im so excited but sad to be leaving you all, although il be back in to have a nose and lend advice where I can! Wish me luck.

Im feeling like poo today, really ill. As a few of you know I have been slowly coming off my anti depressants over the past 9 weeks and Sunday was my final tablet, so im drug free now, yey! But unfortunately im getting the most AWFUL withdrawal symptoms. I went and saw my GP today because these past couple of days I have been sweating like mad, sooooo tired (more so than normal) feeling dizzy and disorentated and hating bright lights. She says its more than likely to be wthdrawal symptoms although it is rare to have them as I have cut down and not just stopped the tablets. She signed me off sick until monday and has told me to do nothing but rest (not that I wanna do anything else!) I have to go back monday if im still feeling rough.

Has anyone else ever experienced this after coming off anti-depressants??

I am so relieved to be off them tho, I now know my body is totally medication free and that is brilliant. Feeling crappy is a small price to pay for that, just hope it passes soon!!! :pray:

hi jaidy sorry to hear you feeling crap, :cry: i know not a lot about anti depressants but i hope with a bit of rest and relaxation and pampering from your OH and us here on the forum you will soon be feeling much better.

Also can't believe you leaving the first trimester, just as i got here as well!! :lol: please pop in and see us occasionally and i will stalk you on 2nd trimester as well :lol: :lol: :lol:

Take care xx

wow jaibybaby it only seemd like yesterday u got ur BFP!
hope ur feelin better soon
xx

Hi Jaidy,

I'm sorry you've been feeling so rough, but try not to worry. I think what you're experiencing is perfectly normal. My best friend has struggled with depression her whole adult life, and every time she comes off her medication she's incapable of doing anything other than lying on the sofa all day for a few days (sometimes a week or two). I think your Doctor's probably right - it's nothing a really good rest won't cure. Don't forget that you're only just out of the first trimester, so fatigue is still gonna be an issue for a week or two. With your body adjusting to pregnancy and coming off meds, and your brain coping with both as well, it'd be weird if you weren't feeling tired to be honest. Wait a week or two until the 2nd tri bloom starts kicking in, and you realise you've been living med-free for a couple of weeks, and I bet you'll feel fantastic! In the meantime, take it easy and feel really proud of yourself for what you've achieved.

Thank you so much Sarah, that really meant alot to me, all you said seemed to make a lot of sense. You sound very wise! (hugs) thank you hun xx

Hope you are feeling better?
See you in second tri Monday!!! Wahoo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back