My Labour Motivation Notes

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by ISH, Jan 4, 2012.

1. ISH

ISH Well-Known Member

I finally got sick and tired of being a wimp and decided to banish all fear of giving birth.

I made a list on my phone with things to think of to help me cope.

Here goes (don't laugh!):

*with every minute that goes by and every contraction you will be closer to seeing baby;

*your body was designed to do this, it knows what to do;

*you will be proud of yourself at the end. It will be the most important thing you've ever done;

*the pain is just physical, your mind is stronger than it.

I was starting to get a bit disgusted with my negative attitude and worried I will end up spoiling what could be a great experience, so I'm glad I did this. It probably looks silly, but it's helped me a lot and I'm actualy looking forward to it instead of being constantly afraid.

If anyone's done anything similar or has any thoughts to add, please do!! I think we all need a confidence boost before the big event.

#1 ISH, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  2. HanSam

HanSam Well-Known Member

That is a fab idea! And love the points you came up with. Make sure you let your OH know these and he can remind you when the time comes!! x

3. ISH

ISH Well-Known Member

Don't trust him, he will be too petrified to think, let alone speak, LOL!!! I'll be printing stuff out (and should laminate it too, as I'll very likely be having a water birth!)

4. Rachel1509

Rachel1509 Well-Known Member

That's a great idea! And all really good points too!

5. smokey08

smokey08 Well-Known Member

I never thought of doing somethin like that.
    What a great idea, and your points are really good. *goes to make list* lol

#5 smokey08, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  6. JensBump

JensBump Well-Known Member

7. Hunnie

Hunnie Well-Known Member

I started crying last night at the thought of labour and how much it's going to hurt :(. I like your idea ISH but I'm on one at the minute as it is so I don't feel positive enough to make a contribution :(.

8. Nic36

Nic36 Well-Known Member

That's a fab idea... Mind over matter! Well done you! Xx :)

9. My1stBaby

My1stBaby Well-Known Member

I've still got a little way to go but I think about labour everyday and I am so scared but just reading over that is a help! Thanks for the great idea, really good points and very true points I will write those down now :)

xxx

10. Iriki

Iriki Well-Known Member

That's a great idea.. And every single point on that list is TRUE!
    Labour and birth are natural body functions, yes sometimes women need some assistance but trust your midwife to determine if and when that's necessary, most women manage perfectly fine.
    It's definitely important to not focus on the pain aspect, it's a positive type of pain, it doesn't last forever and it's a means to an end.
    At the end of the day, to a large extent, your birth will be what you make it. Go in with a positive attitude and chances are you'll have a good experience. If you start panicking and imagining the worst case scenarios, it stands to reason that it won't be a pleasant experience for you.
    Our body's are amazing and women/mother's instincts are uncanny. You'll be blown away by what you can do, and the high you'll be on once little one arrives is indescribable:) it'll be your greatest achievement!!!!
    You WILL be totally fine, you CAN absolutely do this, it's a normal, natural, positive experience...Go for it!!! :) :)

11. Esperanza84

Esperanza84 Well-Known Member

What a lovely idea! Do you mind if I "borrow" some these from you???

xx

12. Esperanza84

Esperanza84 Well-Known Member

13. Lettie

Lettie Well-Known Member

What iriki said. don't be afraid, embrace it and try to be excited by it. It's all for the best reason in the world, to have your baby. :eek:) once it starts anyhow you'll be so focused on that amazing end goal you won't have a chance to not be motivated and focussed. You can all do this, you aren't going to meet babe without it and think how proud you'll be of yourselves after. No pain no gain :eek:) Xxx good luck Xxx

14. ISH

ISH Well-Known Member

15. ISH

ISH Well-Known Member

Loved your birth story! I'm sure having the right attitude helps tremendously.

Do you have any tips/advice on water births, as I'm very likely to have one? :hug:

16. ISH

ISH Well-Known Member

Awwwww, you're too sweet! Hope it works for us!!!!