My itch rash has turned out to be......

Moofa

Reaction score
PUPP - Pruritic Urticarial Papules and Plaques of Pregnancy

I thought the itching was just my stretch marks stretching over the last 3 weeks or the heat, I tried Germoline, E45 and even caneston thrush cream on them. I got fed up last night and made an emergency appointment at the Drs (just in case it is was a sign of liver problems) and he toook one look and said PUPP here's a prescription for cream and it won't go away until after LO is born and told me to try and not scratch it.

On top of that I have a cold and coughed all night keeping DH up, oh well gets him in practice for night feeds :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sorry Whinge over

Mx

oh your poor thing, will it be less irritated when the weather gets cooler over the weekend or does that not make a difference?

i hate the advice of don't scratch, always wants me to scratch more!

Sandi

Sandi4Paul said:
oh your poor thing, will it be less irritated when the weather gets cooler over the weekend or does that not make a difference?

i hate the advice of don't scratch, always wants me to scratch more!

Sandi

I don't think it makes a difference just have to bare it until LO is born :?

Mx

That's what I have hun so I can totally sympathise!!
It's sooooooo itchy and is slowly spreading all over my body.
It started a little bit on my belly then grew...now it's going on my back, hips and boobs!!! :shock:

The cream calms it down a bit but like you said it doesn't go until we have oiur LO's! :(

sarah2807 said:
That's what I have hun so I can totally sympathise!!
It's sooooooo itchy and is slowly spreading all over my body.
It started a little bit on my belly then grew...now it's going on my back, hips and boobs!!! :shock:

The cream calms it down a bit but like you said it doesn't go until we have oiur LO's! :(

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Will you let me know how long it takes to go including the itching after LO is born? I'm sitting here with my t-shirt around my boobs trying to cool my tummy off. Hope no-one goes past the window! :shock:

Will do hun. :D
i think the heat makes it worse tbh cos as soon as I sat out in the sun mine went reder and itchier. I'm trying to wear things that don't touch my belly which is a bit of a laugh cos at 40 weeks pregnant everything touches my belly!! :rotfl:

I suffer with Urticaria all the time, nothing to do with pregnancy I have just had it for 7 years now and I wake up every morning with big itchy lumps usually on my thighs and stomach. They do go away now after about 20 minutes but when they get persistant I find bicarbonate of soda mixed with cold water really soothes them quickly.

Awww Moofa!! :hug:

I have psoriasis which is very itchy. When someone says "don't itch it" it makes you want to even more!! Not scratching when you're itchy is such a hard thing to do :wall:

Hope the cream eases things for you :hug: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back