My house is a complete mess!

Annie050408

Reaction score
We are moving on Friday (in with my folks for a couple of weeks) but my house has been a tip for about 5 weeks since I am too knackered to do anything and DH doesn't really *see* the mess.

Do other people have this or do their DH's keep the place spotless?

Btw, am not complaining about DH - he's wonderful and wouldn't change him for all the tea in China! :love:

im single so it just me and il be honest this place is a bit out of sorts not untidy as i cant bear clutter but i really need to spend an hour cleaning dusting wiping cupboard doors that kind of thing but it just doesnt seem that important at mo

My house is also a complete tip. I can't lift a finger as I feel exhausted and sick. I also, feel really bad that I am not doing the housework. My husband is working really hard at the mo and I am not working. I am sure he thinks I am lazy but I really can not do anything. As he is earning the money it's my job to make sure I sort the house until I find work. Therefore he isn't doing any cleaning.

My hoover has been upstairs waiting for me to polish then Hoover it all since Friday lol I just haven't the energy to do it. Hubs works 12 hour nights so it's impossible to do upstairs in the day without waking him up. When he's up, I pick the kids up, get tea ready and he's off to work then I'm off to work for 2 hours...I always say I'll do it when I get back from work but I have not got the energy! Hubs doesn't do a thing round here, don't blame him really, he works long hours all the time. I'm going to try and do upstairs now before the kids go to bed.

Yeah even before I was pregnant I was the one doing all the housework. Every so often my OH puts a load in the washing machine but that seems to be getting rarer. We both work and now I have SPD I'm struggling to keep up with all the physical demands of housework without ending up in a great deal of pain, I think my OH thinks I'm nagging more but he does understand. I always blamed his ex housemate for the state of the bathroom, turns out OH was to blame!!!!!! I wish we could afford a cleaner!!!! And I agree, wouldn't change him for the world.

Last edited:
bless you annie i wouldnt worry love you work hard all work too remember im at the home most of the time and i still find it hard to keep on top of it what with 2 kids it feels like its always back to square one!! like you said dh dont really notice and when my oh does his bit he can never do it aswell as me lol

Lee always says get the kids to help but I'm so fussy I'm better off doing it on mine own. Tis so hard keeping a clean and tidy house with 2 kids, hubby and a dog (she's just as bad!) god help my poor house when the little one comes along! I really do wonder how people keep an immaculate house with kids around..:eh:

totally agree with louise2. most men cant do it as good as us! my bf helps with dishes and bits and bobs but i just smile then when hes away run around and re do everythin haha. but iv got a thing about housework, i cant sleep at nights or sit down if theres dishes, washin hoovering or anythin to be done. even when i was bein sick down the toilet id get up and clean the bath and sink lol. one day i will just leave mess and go to a health spa to relax!! if u can just leave it then good on u, get a good rest! u deserve it carrying a wee bambino :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back