My hospital must be the worst in the UK

laetitia85

Reaction score
Another rant about my hospital, sorry. When I went for my 12 week scan, first of all I got directed to the wrong waiting room which means I had to wait for ages, but that wasn't really a problem.

When I finally got the the ultrasound room, the sonographer/nurse started to scan and she wasn't saying a word, which can be a bit worrying. I was asking question like -"is that the head?" "is everything ok?" she said everything was fine, she found a heartbeat and when I asked if we could listen to it, she said "sorry we don't do that here". (thank God for my Angelsound doppler...).

Towards the end she was taking quite a while to get a good 'view', then i asked if things were ok, she said "yes, no problem, nothing wrong with the baby at all, it just keeps moving position and im trying to get a good picture". i was reassured that everything was ok, but throughout she was just so silent, except when i asked questions.

she acted as though she didn't care, you know, just another dating scan for her. But I think they should be a bit more friendly, i mean, it's my first baby!

:x

also i don't know if any of you read my post about my hospital and how they don't do emergency scans, even if i bleed. they don't do emergency scans and "if i bleed they will just send me home and tell me to rest as im probably having a miscarriage" (in their own words). Can u imagine? how insensitive is that? i am so disapointed but changing hospitals at this stage is a bit of a hassle. don't u think

aww thats a shame - do you not have a midwife led usit beside you?

When I had my emergency scan they were the exact same way. You'd think they'd at least pretend to be excited.

where bouts in london are u ?

i get confused as i get sent to 2 different hopitals for difefrent thigns ,dpending what mood my docs on i think lol

all my fertillty is being done in hillingdon but watford is 10 mins from me :wall:

just saying there's so many hossy's in london , not far from each other surely it cant be too hard to change ? talking about the biggest thing u'll ever do , u wanna be happy ! and better now when only 13 weeks then when ur 30 !

If you want to change then look into it now....It is a long pregnancy if you are not happy..You are just starting out on the hospital route so worth looking into

just to deffend who did the scan a bit, i know when i went for mine - the first thing she said to me was, "if im quiet dont worry, its just i need to concentrate on what im looking at to see if everything is ok". Which tbh seems a good thing to me, better than doing a half baked job. Would have nice of her to tell you that in advance though.

As for no emergency scans what a farce!!!! :wall: stupid people

LilMissEmmylou said:
just to deffend who did the scan a bit, i know when i went for mine - the first thing she said to me was, "if im quiet dont worry, its just i need to concentrate on what im looking at to see if everything is ok". Which tbh seems a good thing to me, better than doing a half baked job. Would have nice of her to tell you that in advance though.

As for no emergency scans what a farce!!!! :wall: stupid people

What you are saying does make sense because she did look like she was trying to concentrate, but like you said, she should have made that clear before she started!

G3M said:

i get confused as i get sent to 2 different hopitals for difefrent thigns ,dpending what mood my docs on i think lol

all my fertillty is being done in hillingdon but watford is 10 mins from me :wall:

just saying there's so many hossy's in london , not far from each other surely it cant be too hard to change ? talking about the biggest thing u'll ever do , u wanna be happy ! and better now when only 13 weeks then when ur 30 !

It's a north london hospital - Whittington hospital in archway.

SarahH said:
aww thats a shame - do you not have a midwife led usit beside you?

i haven't met up with my midwife yet, next week i have an appointment with 'someone' not too sure who. i suppose its a nurse. we'll see. as for my GP he's not really helpful either.

G3M said:

Thats because your borough is Hillingdon Gem, you can request Watford for treatment, however it comes under Hertfordshire thats why your GP sends you to Hillingdon,
You just need to make your GP aware that you don't want to go to Hillingdon if thats the case like i did with Northwick park :)

I had my baby at the Whittington and I thought they were fantastic. The sonographers aren't the most talkative in the world but the midwives in the labour ward couldn't have been nicer. They stayed with me the whole way through my 18 hour labour even though both were meant to go off shift. I think its just a case of they all have a very big workload and get paid really badly. Plus in London they have to deal with so many weirdos and drunks (have you ever had to wait in the A&E waiting room at the Whittington)?

I had the same thing with my 20 week scan, the dr who done it was a total bitch! We asked if she could tell us the sex and she barely made any effort to try and find out, so therefore we didnt really know if we were having a boy or a girl. When she was finished she just got up and walked out of the room and never told me she was done, then she came back in and i was still lying there and all she said was "theres some tissue roll over there to clean yourself up" because i still had my top up with all the jelly stuff on my tummy! i actually had to ask myself if she was done, how rude is that! just after i had Evie the midwife asked if we knew she was a girl,, we told her no, and she asked what the dr's name was who done the scan, so we told her and about her attitude and she replied 'yeah she's like that with everbody' :x

I guess some health professionals find it hard to get excited when they are working with the same thing everyday, I know its a big deal to you but to them its just same shit different day.

Hopefully you'll have a better experience next time hun :hug: .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back