my bump looks small :(

neeko_1

Reaction score
i was looking a tummy pics... and my bump looks small, compared to some of you ladies :cry:

it's like it has not grown since 19 weeks :? my 20 week scan was good and baby is growing really well, perfect size.. so why am i small, i'm a fuller figured woman before i was pregnant, and i'm even more fuller now since i'm putting on pregnancy weight... but i'm still don't look pregnant :cry:

aw hun, some people just dont show as much as others.

any piccies?

im sure it will plump out abit :)

As long as the scan shows all growing well then you're fine. I had a small bump in my second pregnancy. About 30 weeks the doc ordered a scan to make sure all ok - I was petrified - but all was cool, apart from me having nightmares I was going to have a miniature baby. But all was great and he was born healthy and 6lb 5oz at 36 weeks. You'll be the envy of others too so try not to worry too much!! :) :)

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev201pr___.png

My bump is still pretty small, depending on what clothes i wear you cant tell i am pregnant.

im still small i just like ive had to many pies :roll: everything ok with baby so not worried to much, at least i will be in me shorts for the summer :cheer: i bet you in a couple of weeks you will bloom out xxxxxx :hug:

We went to visit friends a couple of weeks back and their 9 year old daughter didn't think I looked pregnant - I was 8 and a half months! Seriously, I worried all the way through-out about how small my bump is, until now, when I'm so grateful as it means I can still do things like stand-up without too much hassle, reach the taps, put my own shoes and socks on, etc. I had a shock the other day, when I was measured for my nursing bra's, I found out that my rib cage had expanded by 4 inches! It was probably more, as I got measured after the baby had started to drop as well.... So even if you don't look like you have a huge bump, it's all in there, and it might just be that you're more in proportion.

I think its hard to notice our own when i see people who haven't seen me for a while they really notice it.
When i go to aquanatal you cannot tell who is due first based on bump size. and you get a close inspection then.

I know I am a lot further behind all of you, but I am not showing at all! I have actually lost 4 lb in weight in the last couple of weeks. I have to put my belt on my jeans one hole looser and that is it!

Everyone is different it seems in how they carry their pregnancy. My sister remained very slim and just had a bump, she went back to being a size 8 a week after her baby was born.

Please try not to worry, you are not alone

As long as the midwife etc say the baby is doing well then that is all that matters, i know you really want to be showing well cause we are proud of our bumps.
Your probably carry less water, i was small and had a very good size little girl, it really is nothing to do with how big you are.
Believe me the smaller you are the easier it is to loose the weight after! (although i still struggled?!)

Like topbird i lost over half a stone from my normal weight and have now just reached 9stone which is my average weight.

thanks ladies :hug:

it's true.. i mean there are some women who just get really big in just a coplue of weeks, hope i'm like that :pray:

i just really want the big belly :roll: i don't care aboutthe pain :roll:

i might post some pics on my belly and you can tell me

yep - Bump envy I call it. I cannot wait to get a bump, then when I have one I bet I cannot wait to get rid of it :D

Hi

Hun dont worry your bump will grow soon.
A girl i just met at baby group yesterday is 26 weeks pregnant and i was double her , i said you look really good for being that far along as i didnt even know till she told me , but she has no back pains either so i would be gratful to have a smaller bump. :) and as Duds says you can lose the weight quicker.

Katrinaxx

yeah come on post us a pic and we'll give you our (un) professional opinion :)

I wouldn't worry if you are smaller. Like everyone says it makes life a bit easier in terms of keeping active and losing weight after the baby is born. So long as all the scans and checkups say the baby is well. Why worry about your outside size?

:hug:
Sabrina
x

Hun look on the pictures thread and you'll see I'm very small for my amount of weeks as well and it made me frustrated too but now that i've hit 30 weeks it seems that its appeared all of a sudden.
I'll post new pics if you do :D

I don't think my bump is that big. Last PG I didn't really start showing at all until 21-22 weeks and even then my bump was pretty small

This was me LAST TIME at 22 weeks
22wBucket.jpg

And then at 29 weeks
29wBucket.jpg

Once the bump pops out it doesn't stop growing!! So don't worry - also every pregnancy is different as others have said.

LBxx

Hi Neeko,

I wouldn't worry.

Mine just grew loads in one weekend so it can happen really suddenly. You know she is fine in your belly wiggling away. Just tucked in nice and cosy :D

Everyone is different. People keep saying i am massive for 21 weeks :( which is quite upsetting actually.

Try not to worry and make the most of not having an awkward bump in the way!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Lau
xxxxxxxxxx

lmarszall said:
Everyone is different. People keep saying i am massive for 21 weeks :( which is quite upsetting actually.

I know what you mean - big or small I hate it when people comment on the size of your bump - it always makes you feel like something's wrong (or you're doing something wrong!) I wish people wouldn't comment at all on the bump size! But that's because I'm pregnant and hormonal!

LBxx

Its probably a good thing if your bump is on the small side as it shows your stomach muscles are better toned.

That has to be better in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back