My beautiful princess Rhianna born at 32 weeks xx

princesskel

Reaction score
Hello! Havent been on here for ages so thought i should come and update you all! Went into labour at 32 weeks and despite everything the hospital was unable to stop it - only lasted 3 hours so the steroids didnt even get a chance to work. As soon as my baby girl was born she was taken away and stabilised, after a 2 minute cuddle she was taken down to the neo natal unit. Luckily her stay was short but seemed like a lifetime - she was allowed home after just 2 weeks. Rhianna weighed 4lb 8oz at birth which is a great weight for 32 weeks and she needed some help with her breathing from the cpap machine but otherwise she just needed to get bigger and establish feeding. Luckily she took to breatfeeding like a dream and even shocked the doctors as they didnt expect her sucking reflex to be strong that early. Was so hard having a premature baby and coming home without her just broke my heart. Am so grateful she was ok but i know i cant ever get back those first few precious minutes hours and days you usually spend bonding with your baby.

Rhianna is now 8 weeks old and still breastfeeding and doing well - weighed 7lb 10oz last week!! Unfortunatly we had a blip when she was 4 weeks old as she caught influenza and stopped breathing in the night - ended up in intensive care for a few days but got over it really quickly thank god. Was very scary though as were told it could be meningitis and she had to have 4 lumbar punctures. Has been a very rough ride since her birth but i know she is a little fighter and we can cope with anything life throws us!! xxxx

congratulations and so pleased to hear she is doing well. What a little star she is and with such a beautiful name.

Congratulations, glad everything seems to be going well after a rocky start. Can we see some pictures please?

:cheer: Pleased she is so strong, bless her :D

Jonah was born at 32 weeks 3lb11oz and we are constantly amazed by how big he is now...

wow! so pleased shes ok and you are, congrats shes gorgoeus!

awwwww congratulations on your beautiful little girl.

What a rough ride you have all had but what a fighter she is.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Well done you for being so positive about it all..... :cheer: :hug:

Am so grateful she was ok but i know i cant ever get back those first few precious minutes hours and days you usually spend bonding with your baby.

I completely agree its hell and sends your emotions into overdrive, i felt like a fraud with no baby beside me. What matter though is that they are with us now and we make up for the time lost. If you want to chat about it at all let me know... :hug:

awww congrats on your spec prem baby , leland at 1 week correct weighs 10lb ! he was a massive 6lb5oz born at 34 weeks and he couldnt / wouldnt breastfeed so youve done soooo well !

congrats! She's done really well considering she was born at 32 weeks! :dance:

aww, what a little fighter, glad she's pulled thru the flu :hug:
congratulations!

Thank you for all your lovely messages - my boys were both term so no idea why the little madam decided to come early! Will try to post some pics if i can figure out how to do it! Is nice to hear from other mums of prems - i feel very alone in that way as i dont know anyone with a prem baby and no ones seems to understand what i went through. I think everyone assumes that now she is ok i should be happy and forget what happened but its not that easy!! On a positive note Rhianna is 9 weeks now and breastfeeding is still going amazingly well xx

Congratulations! You must have been so scared at 32 weeks but you've done brilliantly - and she is beautiful :hug:

come join us in the prem section , there's a few of us in there at tho ! all with babes ranging from 10 to 6 weeks early :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back